Ave Maria arrangement

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Woodpecker, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Woodpecker

Woodpecker New Member

Can anybody tell me who the arranger/publisher is of the Ave Maria (Bach/Gounod) cornet solo played by John Hudson with the Rochdale Band on the Sovereign Soloists Doyen CD. :)
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Now, this is an interesting challenge since no reference to the arranger seems to exist on the sleevenotes or online. Considering the age of the release and having a quick listen makes me think it is either Alan Morrison or Tom Wyss (although he originally arranged it for euph). I could be wrong though!

- late edit - I'll plump for Tom Wyss as he played for Britannia at the same time as John Hudson!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

At the risk of indecent boccery, you could be right if it is the same arrangement as on Iwan's Mellow Moments CD...

track 9.

edit: althought presume it's not as it's a different composer. Maybe Tommy Wyss just liked arranging Ave Maria's.
  4. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

I'm about to publish an arrangment of the Bach/Gounod for Eb instrument. Have done it for Les Neish. Should be available within six weeks or so.
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

;) ... just listened to above and it's completely different to the John Hudson arrangement. But then it would be if it belonged to Guillio Caccini and not Bach/Gounod (... just out of bed!).