Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by deezastar, Mar 12, 2004.

I put my picture on because.....

1. I want people to recognise me

2. I think I'm reeeeeeealy sexy

0 vote(s)
  3. I'm sad and boring and have nothing better to do

0 vote(s)
  4. I need an ego boost

0 vote(s)
  5. I'm an international superstar. Surely everyone recognises me?

6. I don't cos I'm not that vain and shallow

7. I don't have my picture on my avatar but I don't have a problem with other people doing so

8. ... just because... :)

0 vote(s)
  1. deezastar

deezastar Member

Why do people put pictures of themselves on their avatar??
    Just wondering cos sometimes when I'm reading through posts I wonder why people want photos of themselves on here.

I'm not criticising that or anything, just wonder why that's all.

2. Moy

Moy Active Member

I want people to recognise me...and buy me a drink at the Scottish areas in Motherwell this weekend. :wink:
  3. Trigger

Trigger Member

I don't know really, it's certainly not for any of the reasons that you have above, so I won't be voting. I mean it's not exactly the most flattering picture of me. It's just me in Torquay after several drinks.

I personally prefer it when you can put a face to the people that are posting. I find the cartoon ones a bit boring really and you don't get to see what the person looks like.
  4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'm afraid I'm not voting here, as I don't have my picture on here (although obviously I look exactly like my avatar)and the only option for not having my picture on here doesn't fit me...

I think it's nice to see people's pictures on their avatars and Moy is right - will be nice to see people like Bruce (who will probably regret the offer of buying a round...). I want an option for "I don't have my picture on my avatar but I don't have a problem with other people doing so..."

5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I had my pic on here for ages...mainly so people would recognise me and buy me a drink....and it worked quite a few times :D
    I keep on meaning to take another one.....but then I found the cartoon quavers and thought that was pretty appropriate.....maybe get a new one at the area :shock:
  6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I went for a cartoon avatar cos I haven't got a decent pic of myself to put here, and I don't want to have to look at myself everytime I post! Eeyore's much cuter than me anyway! :lol:
    Certainly don't have a problem with other people putting pics up - will make it easier to find them in the bar at contests...
  7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Darn! I knew there was a reason why I was going to put up a pic.... :lol:

(maybe one day...)
  8. Trigger

Trigger Member

You need to add another option for those of us who do have their picture on it, but for none of the above reasons. Just because...
  9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... on behalf of deezastar, done...... :):)
  10. Trigger

Trigger Member

Thank you :D You are a gentleman x
  11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Well, i started off with a cement mixer and felt that the only natural progression was to a picture of the myself...it has prevented many people from wondering up to building sites and asking for Big Twigge....one day it may return :twisted:
  12. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Yay! I can vote

13. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Have voted hobbes as international super hero...

Plus he's very expressive, witty and has a mood for all occasions..

Zigactly like Kepps... (*ahem*)
  14. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

hmmm . . . you sure about that Tash - I've got lots of pictures of you - your avatar is more presentable than any I have :wink:
  15. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I know I said I don't have a problem with peeps putting their photos on here, but what I do find strange is the avatars with TWO people in them! Whats that about? :?
  16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I voted just because... just because!

But I do think it is nice that people do reckonise you...

I found it handy when I went to my 1st tMP social last year and didn't know anybody

17. Trigger

Trigger Member

Hmm, I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not. I don't think I will!!! I suppose it makes a change having a photograph of my face for once instead of my........ Only joking!!! Besides, you don't know what photos I have of you :!: :twisted: :lol:
  18. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

i did cos everyone else did
  19. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

What do you mean this is'nt a picture of me Sparkly? :? :? :?
  20. jambo

jambo Member

Na, just used a wee-me thingy coz i have one, plus I don't want random drunks approaching me at contests demanding drinks when I dont know they are and have no interest in them!

Just kidding...lol :wink: