AV Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tom_leather, Jan 16, 2008.

1. tom_leather

tom_leather New Member

We recently bought a piece for brass quartet, called 'Sea Views', by P.S.Hall. We've spotted a small number of inconsistencies between score and parts, as well as a few potential errors. So decided it might be a good idea to try and conact the publishers to see if there's any that they know of that we don't!
    However, the only we have is that the 'sole selling agent' is AV Music, with an address is Middlesex, and a 'phone number that doesn't get answered (while the number on the score doesn't exist); and the copyright is to 'Northern Music Services' who we only have an address in Harrogate for.

Any tips on who to try and contact, and if it would even be worthwhile would be helpful! :tup
  2. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

AV MUSIC was owned by Alec and Verna Gould, they ceased trading around 2000 and I believe that JUST MUSIC, 246, Auldhouse Road, Auldhouse, East Kilbride, Scotland, G75 9DX, Telephone No. 01355 245673, took over their catalogue. Hoping this may help. Keith Stanley James Lever.
  3. brass journo

brass journo Member

Correct - apparently Just Music do deal in AV though good luck finding anything.
    Pip Hall (P.S Hall) was my Dad who sadly died in 1994 (so don't bother thinking of asking the composer if you can't get hold of the publishers!!!!) and we are struggling to recoup royalties etc for all his compositions since then and we know plenty of music has been sold! If you find anythgin it would be good to know!
    The quartet was written quite a while ago but if you don't have any luck I can dig out his original version and scriblings and help you work it out.
    So glad it is being played - always nice to know Dad's stuff is appreciated!
    Good luck with the hunt! Don't hesitate to ask for any help though.
  4. brass journo

brass journo Member

... and I think it was Alec and Velma Gould too.
  5. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

YEA your right Tabby it was VELMA, Alec had a lot to do with NYJO (National Youth Jazz Orchestra) he use to do loads of arranging for them that's how we became very good friends. Unfortunately I have now lost contact with him since his business folded, he put a lot of arrangements into print under pseudonyms you know, but I'm not going to reveal the real names of the pseudonyms.......................... KSJ.