Autumn Leaves - Trombone Solo

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by a_szafranek, Oct 20, 2006.

1. a_szafranek

a_szafranek Member

Anyone know where I can get hold of a band set for the Trombone solo of Autumn Leaves arr. Allan Catherall? Who is the publishing house? It's suppose to be pretty good...cheers
  2. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

I dont where to get it from but yes it is very good.
    We did it on the Greater Gwent Youth Brass Band course last xmas with Brett Baker.
    And then we did it in St. Davids Hall in the summer with Jon Pippen.
    I wont say who i thought was better.
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Is that the same Autumn Leaves song as sometimes appears on various Chillout albums?
  4. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Not sure if it is published .... I've played it twice and both times it was the hand written version. Why not contact the Ever Reg Vardy Band, they have it, and Alan still plays there.
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm afraid this isn't available due to copyright restrictions. :(

6. a_szafranek

a_szafranek Member

Thanks for the responses...seems as though it may be hard to get hold that particular version (but I'll try). Carlton Main did I think last year at Butlins. Are there any other versions out there for Trombone, other than the Catherall arrangement?

I've not heard of it being on any Chillout Albums, although I don't own any Chillout Albums, so that's maybe why!
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Not as far as I am aware. There is a version for flugel by Alan Fernie though.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- there's an arrangement listed here.
  9. JR

JR Member

The best version I know was by Bill Geldard as played by Ian Bousfield originally with Imps in 1980 (complete with super G...)
    It isnt published either is it?

John R
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Not as far as I know :(
  11. BenteDahlin

BenteDahlin New Member

Do enyone know how to contact Bill Geldard him self? I'm to looking for the Autumn Leaves for Solo trombone with band.
    I think the only way to get the arrangement is to contact Bill Geldard.

If you know him, please help us.
    Bente Dahlin, Greenland.
  12. BenteDahlin

BenteDahlin New Member

Have you found the arrangement yet? I'm to looking for it and would like to hear from you if you find it, i'll let you know if I find it first.
    Please send email to:
  13. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Bill had connections with The Horsham Band - you might like to contact them via
  14. I've got a version on CD by Brighouse and Rastrick "Triple Champions" with that Trombone Solo. It is down as arranged by Geldard, thought I cant say I know anymore by him. Beautiful version, but I think you need a nice sop in it too? I didnt know Alan had done a version but let us know if you find one.
  15. The Brighouse Version is obviously Pippen, so I'd say that was the version he was playing.
  16. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Well i won't argue with that.
  17. Seth

Seth New Member

The B&R version on the CD was indeed Pippen, he plays it fantastically, nice 4 octave gliss up to super G in the middle! The sop was nice, although the part itself is fairly easy.....;)