Australian Open Tennis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by fitzy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Is anyone else watching or keeping tabs on the Australian Open?
    I know Henman is out but there have been some great games!
    Its also being held down the road from me ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    Australian Open
    games
    Australian Open Tennis
    tabs
  3. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Now the Brits are out, it seems that our media has forgotten about it!
    I dare say there will be plenty of coverage of the final though. There normally is cos it fills up the early morning slot on BBC1!!

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

yeah, same over here, with Henin and Clijsters injured and now that also Olivier Rochus has been eliminated...

5. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Roger Federer and Andre Aggasi are playing each other today and it should be a great match. There will be about 16,000 people in the arena too so the athmosphere should be fantastic!

6. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

Aggasi will probably win......he's such a great player!!

7. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

There's no point in watching any of it, the final will probably be Roddick vs. Federer and federer will win huge.

8. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

u keep dreaming boy.....u keep dreamin

9. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

you want roddick to win? (so do i but I know it wont happen)

10. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

i want aggasi to win!!!

11. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

oooo, ya not gonna happen, fedderer is to dominant

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    Australian Open
    games
    Australian Open Tennis
    tabs
  13. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

i know i was watching seven and saw some snippets of how he has been playing....he looks like a awesome player, but i really want aggasi to win !!!

looks let's make a bet: if aggasi wins = u can...
    if aggasi loses: i have to .........
    ( u fill in the blanks)

14. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

well i'm glad ^^ didn't see my lil bet yet.....hmm... yeah anywayz i feel a lil silly, agassi lost as i feared:-( :-?

Well good luck to federer but i'm going to barrack for hewitt now!!!:D

15. cornetblower

cornetblower Member

Did anyone watch the Federer - Agassi match? If so was it as one-sided as the score suggests?

Have been keeping track of most of the matches via the live scoring but have only seen the few highlights the bbc showed on Sunday. (so glad I didn't stay up to watch Tim get thrashed the other night.)

The final is live on the bbc and at a sensible time. Thanks to the organisers for making it a night match - great move.

Can't really see anyone beating Federer at the moment, but hope that someone can push him a bit.

16. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

Won't it be weird if the top 4 seeds are in the semis? hope roddick wins, He'll definitely beat Hewitt if they play:D (sorry Lil Miss, looks like everyone you want to win isnt going to)

17. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

well I'd like to barrick for the ppl who aren't the favourite, even though I know that federer or roddick will win!!
    i'm still glad we didn't make a bet otherwise i'd b doing something stupid right about now :rolleyes:

18. cornetblower

cornetblower Member

Hewitt's just scraped through, so the top 4 seeds actually make it to the semis for once. Looks like it was a strange match - Hewitt won the 1st 2 sets easily then Nalbanian took the next 2 just as easily, 5th set was the only really close one - Hewitt getting it 10-8.

Really looking forward to the final now, will be between 2 great players whoever makes it.

19. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

It was a funny game. There where a heap of fireworks go off outside the stadium at the start of the 3rd set for the Australia Day celebrations and Hewitt wasn't 100% after that for some reason. Was a great 5th set though!

20. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

I thought it was a great match......i thought that other dude was gonna win.......and I couldn't bare to watch till near the end of the match......wow.....hewitt has done extremely well!!!

21. swiss-hoerndli

swiss-hoerndli New Member

Federer will win!!! Of course I say that, cause I'm swiss ;)

22. cornetblower

cornetblower Member

Well, what do I know. Safin beats Federer 9-7 in the fifth. Well done Marat!