Audley Brass, Midlands, 4th Section, vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by AudleyBrass, Dec 5, 2006.

1. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

Cornets & Basses particularly welcome. We are a modern old village band with a pristine new bandroom. We enjoy making good quality music and we make a point of being family and work friendly. We are a few minutes from M6 junction 16 (Stoke on Trent / Crewe). Our young and ambitious MD Shaun would have walked the Apprentice so please contact him and see if can't sell you a seat in Audley Brass.

Visit our website www.audleybrass.co.uk or text/ring Shaun on 07701017501.

2. peter1608brass

peter1608brass Member

Quite right!! So if you want to get "FIRED" up, come along and make some music with us down at Dean Hollow in Audley. If you come along and take a "sounding" of our facilities, you will be made very welcome and will almost certainly beg to be "HIRED." Contact Shaun on 07701017501 or just turn up any Friday or Sunday. We would love to meet you! :tup

3. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

Still looking for players

Ok so we have a pun crazy chairman, its just part of the fun we have at Audley Brass.

We are still looking for players at all levels for both the main band and the training band. We have
    instruments available and the jobs lined up, now we just need you.

We are very handy for the M6 J16.

Please PM me, p
    hone/text Shaun on 07701017501 or visit our website www.audleybrass.co.uk .

Mod Edit: Please review the Rules & Guidelines for posting Recruitment Ads on tMP - http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11877 - in particular the section about bumping threads (One post removed for today: 14th July)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  4. BoBo

BoBo Member

Sorry about that Dyl and other Mods, there is no desire by us to make your difficult job even harder by abusing the system!:oops:

So having cooled off a bit I am pleased to announce that we have managed to recruit a principal euphonium, welcome Howard, and the previous incumbent, Mark has moved onto Eb bass.

We are still looking for players though, we are based in easy reach of south Cheshire / north Staffs (Crewe, Stoke etc.). We are flexible, so whatever you play and however long it is since you have played we can probably fit you in, that said we particularly need a solo horn, cornets and a Bb bass.

PM me, Phone/text Shaun on 07701017501 or visit our website www.audleybrass.co.uk .

5. BoBo

BoBo Member

Solo Horn, Cornets & Bb Bass particularly welcome. We have fun making good quality music and we make a point of being family and work friendly. We are a few minutes from M6 junction 16 (Stoke on Trent / Crewe).

Please PM me, Phone/text Shaun on 07701017501 or visit our website www.audleybrass.co.uk .

6. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

We are still looking for players, particularly solo horn, cornets and a Bb bass. We are within easy reach of south Cheshire / north Staffs (Crewe, Stoke etc.). We are flexible, so whatever you play and however long it is since you have played we can probably fit you in.

Phone/text Shaun on 07701017501 or visit our website www.audleybrass.co.uk .

7. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

Sadly we have parted company with our MD, Shaun Farrington, so we invite applications for the post of Musical Director. Further information is available on the website, Audleybrass.co.uk or by emailing the chairman, Peter Hawxwell on chairman@audleybrass.co.uk. Alternatively you can phone Peter on 01270 569783 or PM me!

We are also looking to recruit cornets, basses, horns and a second baritone.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  8. peter1608brass

peter1608brass Member

Help needed

If you have read our recent thread "Turning Adversity to Advantage" in the Rehearsal Room forum you will know that Audley is currently in the process of "rebuilding". We are looking for experienced players to help us do this. There is no pressure as the band will be unable to contest for a while. We have now changed our rehearsal nights from Sunday and Friday to Sunday and Wednesday 7.30 - 9pm and are in the process of appointing a new MD.
    If you are an experienced player or ex-player who wants a diversion from contesting or who would like to "put something back" into the brass band movement at grass roots level, you would be very welcome.

PM me, ring me on 01270 569783, or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk and make contact. The more help we get with our young, and some not so young, inexperienced players the better, as we bid to rebuild our historic village band

Many thanks for taking the time to read this!! :clap:

Peter
    Chairman, Audley Brass

9. BoBo

BoBo Member

Audley Band has transformed itself in the last month or so by merging the senior and training bands, we now have a new MD, Colin Hartley, and an atmosphere in the bandroom which is vibrant to say the least.

Like most bands in the country it would seem, we need cornets and basses particularly but please, if you play any brass band instrument (or want to) at any standard, please contact us, we can most likely fit you in. Be quick though, there is a lot less room in the bandroom than there used to be!

PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk make contact.

10. BoBo

BoBo Member

Audley Band has transformed itself in the last month or so by merging the senior and training bands, we now have a new MD, Colin Hartley, and an atmosphere in the bandroom which is vibrant to say the least.

Audley Band has only a few vacancies now, having been so dire a few months ago the transformation is remarkable. We need basses in particular, an experienced front row cornet player or 2 would not go amiss but please, if you play any brass band instrument, please contact us, we can most likely fit you in.

PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk to make contact.

11. BoBo

BoBo Member

We have a all of our seats filled now except that we need some experienced cornet players to show the way to our very young and keen cornet section. This is going to be such a good place to be in a few months time when these guys have picked up some experience and confidence. We are getting straight back into contesting and we have some great concerts lined up this year.

Remarkably we have managed to fill our bass seats, that said another BBb would enable Chris to get back to playing percussion (some people don't know what is good for them!)

PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, and/or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk.

12. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

Experienced cornets and basses in the Crewe / Stoke-on-Trent area please note. We are having such a good time at the moment that everyone (bar one nameless small instrumentalist :confused:) is ready and impatient to start rehearsals 5 minutes early.

We have great facilities and intruments, our MD Colin has a dummy (yes a real one) which he spits out regularly and as a result our playing both as a band and as individuals is improving dramatically.

Come and see for yourself.:hi

PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk to make contact.

13. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

I helped out at a concert not so long since with a couple of buddies from Crewe Co-op, and I can say, hand on heart, that anyone who goes along to Audley will hve a truly enlightening experience! The band really are as warm and friendly as eveyone has said, and the MD is an absolute hoot who can only be a great thing for the band. 'Iron fist' and 'velvet glove' springs to mind... ! ;)
    I'm sure the band can only be heading for greater things!
    Well done Audley! :clap: :woo

14. robbie

robbie Member

I fully agree, I used to play for Audley years ago and have helped them out since, great bunch of people!!

15. BoBo

BoBo Member

Thanks for the endorsements guys, cheques are in the post.

I can now add "experienced baritone player" to our list of requirements (forced on us reluctantly by work commitments), plus basses and cornets. So if you can get to the Crewe / Stoke-on-Trent area on Wednesday and Sunday evenings we would be pleased to see you.

16. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

We experienced baritone, bass and cornet players to strengthen the band in key positions. We have more than 28 players and an excellent turnout for rehearsals. The bandroom atmosphere is excellent but you need to come for a blow to see for yourself.

PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, and/or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  17. BoBo

BoBo Member

Audley Brass, very handy for M6 J16 (Stoke / Crewe) require a Tutti Cornet and a Solo Baritone. We have transformed ourselves over the last year or so and are moving onwards and upwards, having some fun on the way. Come and see for yourselves, you will be most welcome to come for a blow.

Please email our MD Colin on musicaldirector@audleybrass.co.uk, PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, and/or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk.

18. brass_master99

brass_master99 New Member

Hi Bob, it's me Matt. Just wondering whether you knew the dates of the two Christmas concerts this year as I need to make sure I leave those days clear.

Thanks.

19. BoBo

BoBo Member

We now have a full Bass section, the envy of many bands around the UK! We still however would love to hear from that elusive Solo Baritone and experienced cornet players will always be welcome.

Please email our MD Colin on musicaldirector@audleybrass.co.uk, PM me, ring our chairman Peter on 01270 569783, and/or visit our website at www.audleybrass.co.uk.

20. peter1608brass

peter1608brass Member

A level results due?

If you are hoping to take up a place at Keele, Staffordshire or MMU (Crewe) Universities this autumn we sincerely wish that you have the results to secure a place at one of them.

If you would like to feel part of a family when you leave home to start your course and you are a brass player you will be made very welcome at Audley. We have some spare seats, particularly cornets and baritones, but whatever you play you will be made very welcome and "looked after" brilliantly! We have a real family atmosphere in our band and everyone is made to feel at home.

We have quite a busy autumn ahead with concert performances and entry into the Leicester Contest at the end of November, so Colin (our MD) is working us hard but we are having great fun!

For more details visit our website www.audleybrass.co.uk or PM or ring me (Peter) on 01270 569783. We would love to hear from you. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice