Audition repertoire

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brass Monkey, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey New Member

I am sooo desperate for help! I'm trying to get into the music education program at the U of T for baritone and I'm a decent player but I just don't know that much music specifically for brass. Do you guys know any pieces of the following that might be appropriate and available at an RCM store?? Any help would be really appreciated.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    player
    music
    store
    RCM
    guys
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

What instrument are we talking about??

4. Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey New Member

baritone

5. Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey New Member

Do you think they'd consider me an oddball if I played a transcription of the Mozart Horn Concerto in Eb??

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you log on to Steven Mead's website and follow the link to the RNCM page, it includes a list of repertoire which may give you some ideas:
    http://www.euphonium.net/

7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Have you tried looking through the Trinity College and other various exam centre syllabi?? Heaps of pieces there!!!

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Not sure what standard these need to be, but if they need to be grade 8-ish, try
    1. Horovitz euph concerto movt. 1 & 2 (works well on bari)
    2. Arban studies - no. 8 or higher
    3. Sooo much to choose from! Try Sparke's Rhapsody for Euphonium (also bari grade 8.) or take a look at some of the British online stores - I'm sure most of them could ship to you. http://www.justmusicuk.com/ is v good, otherwise try some of the banner ads from this site!
    Good luck!

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Are we not forgetting the "Concertino for Baritone" by our own Mr Thorne?