Audio for "Judges"

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by honey bun, Oct 12, 2006.

1. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Does anyone know if there is an internet site that would have an audio clip or anything to listen to of "Judges" ? Going to London and its a long time since I heard the piece.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    London
    audio clip
    long time
    internet site
    Judges
  3. Hornted

Hornted Member

Judges

A few months ago as part of the proms series it was performed at the Albert Hall with the London Symphony Orchestra and Carl Davis - as a radio 3 production - I am not really very technical but think that one is still available if you look on the BBC web site. Really enjoyed the performance.

Melanie

4. Di

Di Active Member

Don't know about any clips on t'internet, but there are several versions available to buy on CD here. ;)

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Chandos 4520 - Concert Sound of Black Dyke 1980's ( cut down version around 10 mins long)
    Doyen 2005 -Jewel in the Crown - 1961 performance
    Black Dyke - the Paxton years ( am sure it's available from Jagrins)
    Fantastique / Berlioz - Williams Fairey Band 1992 SIB000CD

6. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Thanks guys for the info :tup. Will do some browsing.

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Cory CD Brass Band Classics
    a good solid perfromance

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It's also on Virtuosi Brass Vol.6 (I think)

9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I think it's also on the Black Dyke triple CD that was released last year, the one with all the old recordings.

^
    that one ;)

10. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

... with a dodgy edit in the middle. Some good playing although I expect that BAYV will be better on the day than this recording.

I searched on iTunes but couldn't find a copy. I have a CD of the Berlin Philharmonic conducted by Colin Davis which has all Berlioz overtures which is good. This one:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx...+/+Sir+Colin+Davis,+Staatskapelle+Dresden.htm

Igg

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

My orchestral reference recording is Andre Previn's 1976 LSO performance (even with the split in the tuba part!). Very clean, no nonsense approach which exposes all detail.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    London
    audio clip
    long time
    internet site
    Judges
  13. topeuph

topeuph Member

If you listen cafefully you can even hear someone humming along on the recording.

[link removed. tMP is not a filesharing site and we do not promote this practice!]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2006
  14. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Great piece Les Francs Juges... We had it as testpiece for our nationals in Denmark last year.. Mr. Berlioz is cool...

15. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

There's an orchestral one on emusic.

http://www.emusic.com/album/10871/10871265.html

You'll have to give your credit card to sign up but you'll get to download 25 free tracks before they debit anything, and you can cancel after your 25 free ones if you want to. All the music on the site in non-DRM mp3 files.

Tim.