Attention Randomers: I want to draw your attention to this announcement

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 19, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Please read this announcement.

Changes are afoot for Totally Random, please can I trouble you to have a read of this announcement. Comments welcome in this thread.

Ta.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Totally Random
    Attention Randomers
    announcement
    URL
    Comments
  3. So if we want to view the random chat/off topic thread, we have to tick a box saying so in our user CP?

I don't think I get it ? :s

4. TheMusicMan

Yes, that's it Helen. Not implemented yet, but that's exactly what it will be.

So - you do get it see you clever thing... :):)

*runs

PS: prefer your earlier avatar :)

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not exactly true actually Helen! What John meant to say is you'll still be able to see Random/Off-Topic - but if you want to see the 'Totally Random' category underneath it (where all the 'thread games' and such live) then you'll have to 'tick the box'! ;)

6. How can it have run it's course though when people are still posting? Surely it would have run its course when there were no longer any posts/threads? anyway whatever...

I am SLIGHTLY intelligent by the way. I just don't like arguing about what brand mouth piece or valve oil is the best.

PS - My avatar is in memory of someone I shall miss dearly - have some respect!!!!! He died tragically!

7. Oh so it was HIM who was being less intelligent?!!

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

She's got you there John! Hehe!

9. TheMusicMan

Gotta give it to her eh... :tup nice one H.

As for running its course, yes you are right - Random is not affected by this, just the Totally Random category. We felt that as there was a thread called 'the A-Z of A-Z' there couldn't possibly be any further A-Z's created eh:)

10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Want a bet? :tongue: ;)

Will you be giving us a countdown to this change John, or will it just happen?

11. TheMusicMan

I'd say by the end of the month Dave. You will still be able to access Totally Random, but you will need to explicitly select that you do in your UserCP that's all. Nothing is being restricted in there, I simply don't want this area showing under any new threads to any new members that's all.

While I welcome all sorts of discussions, having the plethora of A-Z's as we do is not necessarily a banding topic, and as tMP is primarily about banding is why I am making this small change.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Totally Random
    Attention Randomers
    announcement
    URL
    Comments
  13. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Would it be possible John for some saintly moddy type with nothing better to do to just have a scan through the threads to see if any might be m oved up a level into just random before the 'great occlusion' happens? No every thread in the Totally random is actually an A-Z. ;)

14. TheMusicMan

Hi Mike

There's no need for me to do that Mike as you will still be able to access and post within all the existing threads in the Totally Random category.

All I am doing is making peoples participation in that category an explicit choice in their UserCP.