Attention! Bands travelling to Saddleworth for Whit Friday.....

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Laura, May 12, 2011.

1. Laura

Laura Member

Hello All,

Just a little something that may be of interest to bands travelling over to Saddleworth on Whit Friday.

I have a family run Farm Shop & Cafe which is situated on the main A62, OL3 5RQ 'Albion Farm Shop'. We also own the large car park which is on the road side and can fit a number of coaches.
    From the car park you can easily get to ALL Saddleworth villages.
    It is a great spot for a Whit Friday warm up. The car park is sign posted 'Shang Hai Wong' but I can assure you we own the car park, they use it if needed for additional parking in an evening.
    If any band are looking for a place to park up, have Breakfast/Lunch/Buffet followed by a warm up and an ideal start off point, then please ring to book on 07545 697 338 and leave a message if I am unable to answer.
    Being a bander myself I know the location is ideal.....and the food is definitely up to bandsman's standard!!

P.S You can just park up for a Breakfast if it's too early for a warm up! Early band breakfasts can be arranged if needed before our 9.30am opening time.
    We are also doing a HOG ROAST in DELPH opposite the White Lion Pub at the top in the evening. Please understand they will be busy so please be patient if there is a queue.
    Join our Facebook page 'Albion Farm Shop' to be kept up to date on events leading up to Whit Friday

THANK YOU!!!
  2. Ali

Ali Member

I can assure everyone being a local lad myself that A) the grub is top notch!!! And B) the location/ carpark is ideal as it's situated directly in-between Scouthead and Delph!!! The views ain't bad either!!!!
    Nice plug by the way Laura!!! :-D

3. grausue

grausue Member

Excellent post! Just what social networking is made for. :clap:
  4. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Fantastic place to start the day off!

This would be ideal for any band wanting somewhere to stop for an hour before they start the madness.
    I live in Delph and would, without hesitation, recommend this as a great place to have a brew, snack or buffet.

Warm up areas and places to get prepared are not readily found around Saddleworth prior to the event. The area suggested by Albion Farm Shop/Cafe is the perfect place for some calm and food before the carnage begins!
  5. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Is it a convenient place to have lunch between the Uppermill Marches in the morning and the afternoon contests?
  6. backrow

backrow New Member

Try the Clarence in Greenfield the landlord will probably let you have a warm up in his carpark as well ring on 01457872319
  7. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Albion Farm Shop is perfect for what you are wanting. You can easily kill an hour or two with rehearsal and cafe