Attention all tMP'ers who see this new area...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 4, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Everyone

I bet you are wondering what on Earth this new 'Introduce Yourself' area is all about eh...:) Well, at the recent Moderators meeting we all thought it would be a great idea to have an Introduce Yourself forum area where people could tell us a little more about themselves and what they get up to in their lives etc...

However, tMP as you are well aware, will be three years old in November this year - and some might think that introducing a forum category such as this is a little... shall we say... belated... :biggrin: We do appreciate this, but still we feel it would be a great place for people to make one of their 1st posts on tMP and will help to proactively welcome more people onto the forums in the hope that they may then feel more comfortable in contributing to the excellent ongoing discussions already on the site.

So, we decided to start this new forum, but to phase its introduction over a period of a month or so. We felt that new tMP'ers, on seeing that there were no posts within this new category, may not wish to post in it themselves and thus this new section wouldn possibly not work. Voila... this is where you good folks come in. :biggrin:

Presently, only those tMP'ers who have been members with us for over 500 days and who also have over 500 posts will be able to see this category and will be able to post within it. We are hoping that we can encourage you to make your very belated Introductory Post over the next 2 to 3 weeks, when I will then make it such that tMP'ers who have been a member for 300 days and 200 posts can see the category... et al... until we are ready to open up the category to all visitors to us.

This way we hope to have had many of your introductory posts made during this short time such that when a new members sees this new area, they are inclined to make an introductory post themselves and start contributing to the forums more and more.

So, can we count on your support here folks...? Are you OK to make your belated introductory post...? We hope so... feel free to start posting away in here... and thanks for your ongoing support.:tup

John and the team
  2. TheMusicMan

Come on 'long standing tMP'ers' - please help us out and get your intro posts on here :biggrin:

Delighted with the response thus far, but would love to see many more belated intro's in here. Can you help us out please... thanks.
  3. TheMusicMan

I have today broadened the availability of this category so more people can now see it. Please keep the introductions coming, they are helping. Thanks.
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

John...I can now see your messages, but can't see any other individual's posts...any chance you could make those visible so I could have more of any idea as to what to put?
  5. TheMusicMan

Hey Pat, if you can see my posts in there you shoudl be able to see everyone's in there. I have checked your account settings and you shoudl be able to see all the intro threads in that forum.

Let me know yeah... ta.
  6. TheMusicMan

OK, I am now going to open this forum to all... :) thanks for your support everyone.
  7. Yeah this forum is a great idea
  8. goldencornet

goldencornet New Member

great forum! :clap:
  9. TheMusicMan

Thanks goldie... :)

Welcome to tMP... :hi
  10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

As this is the first time I have ever seen this thread I think I shall go make a belated post... :biggrin:

I am Hells Bones, or as someone once desribed me as the "infamous" Hells Bones. Don't know how I came to be infamous, maybe it is because the mods used to spend half their time chasing me round tMP?
    Those of you on the BTS Forum will know me as Hells_Trombones7 or HT7.

I am a 22 year old trombonist currently studying at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, otherwise known as the Royal Welsh College of Music and Trauma (Actors. Whingers, the lot of them).

I enjoy winding people up so please don't take offence at anything I say. The better I know you the more I will wind you up (The-Wee-Timpanist can vouch for this ;))
    99% of what I say is in jest. If I am having a dig at you, you will know about it.

Pastimes include listening to music you probably wouldn't play to your girlfriends parents, playing my slidey thing (big one or small one), arranging music for various trombone ensembles though I am looking to extend to all brass, a spot of conducting here and there but haven't yet had a chance to really have a go at it, reading and walking.

I am a nice guy, honest. Mesmerist thinks I am perfect son-in-law material but I don't know where she gets that idea from. Maybe it's a hint, do you have a daughter that is near my age Mezzy? ;)

Always happy to talk or be of help.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  11. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I think you were meant to post in the seperate forum, not this thread....!
  12. goldencornet

goldencornet New Member

I think I shall also make a post ,

I am golden cornet, also I have been called goldie. Willing to helpanyone who needs it;)!
  13. Hells Bones

I need help. Mental help.
  14. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

I can't be bothered having a pseudonym, so as you will see my name is Tim, not brass monkey or anything.
    Like Hells Bones I like to wind people up, but can be a bit serious when it comes to brass playing (how sad). most Brass banders in east sussex will know me!
    I play Eb Bass and Soprano, though I do have to put one down before playing the other. I also play Bb cornet occasionally when short of players, and have on several occasions played cornets and bass in the same concert.
    Thats me basically:biggrin:
  15. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

16. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

Ha ha the wherryman.
    I see why you are rolling your eyes now. After spending several minutes trying to work it out I see that we are supposed to start a new thread each.
    probably the reason golden cornet, hells bones & myself posted on this thread is : when I clicked on "introduce yourself" in the main site/forum it went straight to this thread not to the forum "introduce yourself". I feel silly now and will just copy it onto a new thread. - Other new TMP-ers beware!:oops:
  17. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

I've been registered on here for a bit but not been active but .........................
    Being a percussionist now, I feel I can bang on about most things.:tongue:

I play most instruments, so, when not needed in the "kitchen" i'm usually found in the bass section (why do bass players not like marching?)
    I also do a bit of conducting.

Have been known to play for The British Association of Christian Brass Bands (good fun that)
    Any way my day job is as Reprographics tech/ Senior firstaider /
    run my own First aid training set up and do my band work in the spare time.:p
  18. Hells Bones

No, I got that you were supposed to start your own thread....

I was just being facetious ;)