As tMp approaches its birthday....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Seedhouse, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I thought it would be nice to have a thread for peeps to thank the peeps behind the scenes of this forum, who make it continue to be as brilliant as it is :roll:

I've really enjoyed using the forum as it's enabled me to get in contact with people across the country who i've never met before, and i've made a lot of new friends. :wink:

It's also helped me solve other things such as problems with my playing, :oops:
    so overall....
    Thanks tMP! :D
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

No problem Alex... what is it that you'd like to see from 'behind the scenes of tMP' then?

We are nearly ready to put up our "tMP Team" page where you can see and read a little more about the folks behind the scenes, and I will be launching later today the "12 Months Live" awards... remember the "6 Months" ones... ? great fun.

Let me know what you want to see and we'll do our best.

3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

we could have a few stats? average time per day spent on tMP, the most obscure place the site has been visited from in the name of modship!
  4. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Yeh a big congratulations to John and all the team at tMP for making it what it is...a Fab site!! :D

Will all the team be at CinN???
  5. TheMusicMan

OK Neil.. sounds like a good idea. I'll get the figures from WebHost later and put them into a chart for easy viewing...

Here's the first general summary... more to come later... :)

Any other requests?
  6. TheMusicMan

... thanks for the comments. I will be there and I know Roger, Dyl and Neal will be there also. Not sure about Rachel or Ian just yet though. Peter, I am advised, sadly cannot make it this time.

7. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

Rachel will be, and ian has his name down for it, so with a bit of luck there should be a nearly full team of mods/admin!

edit: added 'nearly'
  8. TheMusicMan

Glad to hear that cos even with Mod status doesn't exempt them from their minimum £10.00 donation to the tMP CiN Appeal... :):)
  9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :lol: Well I don't really know what i'd like to see of behind the scenes, but i'm sure there must be something... :?
    I hope I can nab a day off school for C in N, I always do the work early and catch up when needs be anyway, i'm sure they won't mind! :p :wink:
    I really want to make it to a tMP event because then I can meet all the peeps i've met on here. :D :twisted: :lol:
  10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

tMP events are always great - and I for one can't wait til CinN - I've been heavily hinting to all my patients that they should pledge loadsa dosh for the privilege of seeing their dentist on the box!

Back on topic though - and a HUGE thankyou to John and his team for all their hard work. Despite the odd slightly more aggressive post they keep everything running smoothly and I for one feel very proud to be part of such a wonderful forum!

Rach x
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

really, i think you could have tried harder. I mean, look at the state of the place...

Only jokin guys, you've done a great job so far and I look forward to buying each of you a pint at the event! :D
  12. TheMusicMan

:wink: I'll hold you to that lynchie.... :)
  13. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Maybe you could buy everyone one Lynchie, to celebrate tMP's birthday of course.... :wink:
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

everyone over the age of course.. :p:p
    you gotta be pc about these things...
    dont want you little nippers getting tipsy ;)
  15. leisa

leisa Active Member

i think tmp is THE best website ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait till CinN to meet every one although quite a few were met at pontins! :)
  16. TheMusicMan

Many thanks to you all for your kind words.... more more more more hehe... :)

OK, I said I'd post some more stats. This is a chart that shows the number of page requests over the last 11 months... you can see for yourself how we have grown... and it's all down to you guys... :)

More to come.

Now that we have teh latest version of the software running tMP, I am happy to implement additional features from time to time. I am aware that there is a modification called the "Statistics Mod" which I will take a look at and hopefully install soon. I have a few other more important things to finish first, but will gladly implement this if people think it might be worthwhile.

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Unfortunately my budget wont stretch to 50 drinks... and if i said something like that there'd suddenly be all 1300 members at the event!!!
  18. SammyT

SammyT Member

Yeah well done John - the site is great!
    Thanks for all your hard work (especially with my t-shirt!!! :wink: ) and thanks for the stickers! :D :D
  19. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Exactly :wink: Raise more money for tMP though! :roll: :lol: 13000 x 10= £130,000!! :roll:

Probably cost you the same amount to buy all the drinks though! :lol:
  20. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

wow 13000 members! ;)