arthwadd

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by arthwadd, Nov 8, 2005.

1. arthwadd

arthwadd New Member

My name is Arthur Waddington.I started playing the cornet at the age of 6years and played with the Barnoldswick band around the 1940s.I then moved to Earby and played euphonium and trombone until 1952 when I did my national service,I was stationed in Plymouth and played with the Plymouth band.On returning home I continued playing with the Earby band.I have also played with the Burnley band before joining the Wingates band on tenor horn in 1966 then moving to baritone,I played with the band when they won the Champion band of Great Britain in 1971.Since moving south I have played with the St Albans band,Hemel Hempstead band,Luton band and the Hendon band but had to retire from playing when I lost my teeth.I have tried to play with dentures,but they don't hold in long enough.I still have a euphonium and try to play but not good enough to play in a band.

2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Arthur and :hi to tMP. What a terrible shame you've had to give up. :( It sounds like you have a lot of experience and memories that you'll be able to share with us.