Arrangements for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by bassinthebathroom, Apr 15, 2004.

1. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Hello there!
    Anyone interested in getting their hands on some new arrangements. Thought you guys on here may be just the people to ask...

Tchaikovsky (Duration c.8:30 - c.7:30 with optional cuts)
    Difficulty: 1st section and above (most 2nd section bands could give it a go with the cuts)
    Really great for a finisher to a concert or entertainment programme. Among Tchaikovsky's best 'closers'. (I know there's a Derek Ashmore arrangement of this already, but I honestly didn't know that when I did this one! Honest!)
    £25.00 score and parts

a la Stan Kenton
    Duration: about 1 minute
    Difficulty: anyone could give it a go - provided your Sop player is up for it - top Bb last note!
    An ear transcription (!) of the version of the National Anthem used by Stan Kenton on his tour of the UK in 1976. Symphonic Jazz harmonies and all! Opens with a quartet of Trombones and one Eb Bass, with some gorgeous suspensions. It's almost exactly the same as the '76 version.... almost!
    Drawn Number 1? Do something different!
    £7.50 score and parts

PM me if you're interested. Can arrange for a MIDI version or some samples to be Emailed.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

any of them any good to march to iain?? :D
    i thought of another one you may like to get your teeth stuck into too...
    the guiness advert theme... think its by perez prado... not sure though.
    That would go down well.. :guiness
    i have an mp3 if you want me to give it you on monday
  3. bassinthebathroom

Perez Prado? mambo no 5 isnt it? i dunno - could be a laugh! Back on track... anyone want in? Aidan, you're a man who likes to collect music... :lol:
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

he might have done that aswell dunno :S
    haha collect music? :shock:
    the only music i collect are all those bloody lead sheets monsieur harper insists on feeding us in lectures!
  5. bassinthebathroom

Feeding us? You've been eating them? Strange guy

I'll look next time i see the Guiness ad
  6. Bones

Bones Member

It's called Guaglione, and it is by Perez Prado.

7. bassinthebathroom

Ah yes, thats the one!
    Thanks v. much...
    Knew it was something I'd heard before...

Anyway, returning to topic! :oops:
  8. Neil Bowden

Neil Bowden New Member

Guaglione has already been published for brass band, I think it was a Dutch publisher, I can't remember which one though!

Some of the Monty Python marches would be good to march to - "Sit On My Face", "The Lumberjack Song", "Knights of the Round Table"??? :wink:
  9. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

it is published by Rosehill , arranged by Bill Geldard.
  10. davidsait

davidsait Member

I'm happy to report that 'Sit on My Face' has already been done on Whit Friday...... (sorry, I mean 'Sing as we Go')
  11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

was thinking of doing lumberjack song already, but i think we have enough to be getting on with!!! mind you, if you have any more spare time iain :p
  12. bassinthebathroom

Now Aidan, you know very well that I didn't really have the spare time to do the last 2! :oops: