Arrangement of Ecstasy of Gold - Morricone

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davethehorny, Oct 13, 2011.

1. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Does anyone know where I can get an arrangement of Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone?

Since it has been used in the advert for the Health Lottery, I can't seem to get it out of my head. I know that Sandy Smith has done an arrangement which includes it but I wanted a stand alone arrangement of just this one piece.

Any help gratefully received!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ecstasy of Gold - Morricone
    Pennine
    Gav
    holder
    license fee
  3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I've repeatedly tried (and failed) to get copyright permission for an arrangement of this. It's a brilliant piece and I'm sure it would arrange up a treat.

May have to have a word with Sandy about it, or pay the fiver for Pennine to do the negotiating for me.

4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

5. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

That explains why I can't find it on its own.

EMR - Editions Marc Reift has an arrangement of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly which also includes it.

If it can be included in medleys, surely it can be arranged with copyright on its own!

It is just one of those pieces that screams out to be played at the start of an entertainment contest.

6. Thirteen Ball

I'll have another punt at it over the weekend because you're dead right. It's a great piece, and I'd love be to let loose on it with my arranger's hat on.

I can't guarantee any publisher will necessarily want it even if I get permission because it's quite short, so saleability may be low..... But if I can get an individual license at least that proves it's possible.

7. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

If you get permission, put me down for a copy.

At 3.00 minutes long, it should be an ideal opener for a 20 minute programme.

8. We've got the contacts with Ennio Morricone's copyright holders. A few years ago we we're going to release an arrangement of one of his works, sadly it didnt work out. However this wasn't anything to do with the copyright holders - they we're quite helpful and were ready to give us the licence for the arrangement in question without any problems.

9. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

There we are Thirteen Ball - can I have the first copy please?

10. Thirteen Ball

If you'll split the copyright fee for two copies, you've got a deal. :D

Gav @ Pennine. I'll be in touch!!

11. JR

JR Member

More Morricone?

Looks like its a runner - we'll definitely give it a run out before Xmas if possible!

Looks like Morricone might be coming inito vogue

P.S. Andi - Theres a bit towards the end of PLC's Breath of Souls that sounds exactly like your arrangement of Big Country that we played last month

JR

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ecstasy of Gold - Morricone
    Pennine
    Gav
    holder
    license fee
  13. Thirteen Ball

That relies on me doing the arrangement first JR!

Really? Well, shows you made a good call on requesting that one if bits of it end up in an albert hall test-piece!

Perhaps I should embark upon a period of arranging works from Western soundtracks? Obviously anything by Ennio Morricone or Elmer Bernstein is going to be a winner.....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  14. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Still waiting to buy a copy - any joy?

15. Thirteen Ball

Ahem - yes... my bad on that one. I dropped the ball for a bunch of other projects in the last few weeks..... Sorry :oops:

I've just sent Mr Somerset (Pennine music on here) an email about the copyright on this piece.

It's likely to be new year before it moves now - but it's still ongoing.

16. Copyright request - sent!

We'll let you know its progress.

17. Thirteen Ball

Y'see? What takes me two months takes gave about 12hrs - and that's if you include those when most folk are asleep!! :oops:

Cheers Gav!!

18. Good news - the licence request has been approved. All we need now is the arrangement ;-)

19. Thirteen Ball

Watch this space, Gav..... ;)

20. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

We are holding our collective breath

21. We're happy to report we've just signed the publication licence for Andi's arrangement! Some house style engraving to do then the piece will be published at £20.95.

22. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Please let me know when it is available to order through your website!