Arrangement for "I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day" by Wizzard.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by shepherd, Oct 22, 2009.

1. shepherd

shepherd New Member

Just wondering if any of you know of a brass arrangement that exists of "I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day" by Wizzard.

I haven't been able to find one anywhere but it just seems to popular a Christmas song not to have been arranged for a Brass Band.

Many thanks

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

There's certainly an arrangement out there, I remember suffering through it at some point in the recent past. Couldn't tell you who by though, sorry.

3. shepherd

shepherd New Member

Cheers lynchie - do you remember with which band you played it so I can contact their librarian?

Cheers

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

It's a Broadbent arrangement (as is the Slade equiuvalent)....Just Music list it here

5. shepherd

shepherd New Member

Cheers Keith. Small world really - I spent the afternoon at Lofthouse with you and Rob C on Saturday.

I asked Rob about this but he couldn't seem to locate it. Anyway, thanks very much mate and wish me luck with GP on Saturday.

John

6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

It was nice to meet you John - hope Saturday goes well....

For future reference, bookmark http://www.brassband.co.uk - it's a useful search engine that indexes various publishers and retailers.

7. shepherd

shepherd New Member

Cheers, Keith. Hope the recordings came out okay.

John

8. Al

Al Member

It seems the only way to play this number is full, full blast all the way through, especially the basses. Play it quick too to get it over and done with sooner. That's how I hear most bands play it.