Area Test Piece Preview Evening - Scotland

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by JTKBrass, Feb 21, 2008.

1. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Seeing as everyone else is advertising their Preview Evenings, I thought I would do the same.

Kingdom Brass is hosting the event, to be held on Sunday March 2nd. The 5 central Fife bands will all be performing, in order from sections 4 to Championship. The bands are:

Dysart Colliery (William Sandell) - Four Cities Symphony
    Dunfermline Town (David Neil) - Dark Side of the Moon
    Tullis Russell (Gavin Lindsay) - Three Part Invention
    Lochgelly (Paul Drury) - James Cook
    Kingdom Brass (Craig Anderson) - Festival Music

The event will be held in the Co-op Hall, in Cowdenbeath. Doors open at 6pm, first band performs at 6.30pm. Entry is free of charge. There will be a bar running from 6pm til late.

If you need more info, drop me a message, or visit our forum.

Kingdom Brass Forum
    www.kingdombrass.co.uk
    www.kingdombrassyouth.co.uk

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

John, I hope you get a decent turnout for this!

3. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Cheers TD. It's free, and we're encouraging all the bands to turn up for the first band and stay right through to the last. We're also performing a few concert items to lighten the mood after all the testpiece playing, and will be featuring a few soloists. All our youth players and families are coming along too, so expecting a healthy turnout. Should be a great night.

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

If it was held earlier in the day, I might have made it along. I didn't realise the Co-op Hall was still a going concern, lol! (... & I see that the newly refurbished Alhambra Hall in Dunfermline has closed already :eek: ).

5. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Co-op Hall is lovely .. bit boomy for rehearsing in. Alhambra is closed .. it's not being refurbished until later this year, doesn't open until next year. Lovely place though, will be amazing when it's finished.

I'll post details of directions to the Co-op hall and parking etc. soon.

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

re:Alhambra ... they opened with a show just a few months ago. Maybe it was just a taster. Acoustics are supposed to be superb in there though.

n.b., I found a link to their site here

Pass my congrats to Jim Smith for winning the Scottish Solos, btw! Is Lee playing rep.?

7. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

A few of us from SBBA were invited along to that show. It was just an open weekend to let people see the hall, get an idea what the venue is like. It's going to be renovated for the next year or more, but they're already looking for bookings once it opens. Amazing venue.

Will do. Yes Lee's on rep.

We'll get the forum police onto us for being off topic.

8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Did someone call my name?
    :tongue:

Good luck with the concert... :tup

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- only over 2 hrs late ... :p (... odd as it seems, JT only lives a couple of minutes away from where I live!).

10. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Area Test Piece
    Preview Evenings
    Scotland
    everyone
    same