Area Standings??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Martin Hall, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Just out of couriosity I am trying to locate on the web, the standings of bands prior to the 2005 Area Contests, specifically the Yorkshire Area.
    I remember seeing a listings sheet from the association but on enquiry through there web site there is no list to view!

Wonder if anyone could help???
  2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yes, I'd like to see a copy of the 2005 Yorkshire 1st Section Grading tables just to see what we're up against, and whose appeals have been allowed.
    Surely someone out there must have a copy - you'd think they were "Classified Information" the way they are cloaked in secrecy !!!
  3. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

I know what you mean, as far as i understand, every member band gets issued with a list of standings following the area contest.

The 1st Section especially should be an interesting one, which band are you with???
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... this is something that I am willing to host and make available to all on tMP following our application migration next week. If you have the latest spreadsheets with your areas grading tables etc... please feel free to send them in to me and I will place them somewhere on the new look tMP next week.

5. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Will do John as soon as I have some details!!!!

New look tMP hey, very exciting! Keep up the good work
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Did you check out the announcement... there's a sneak screenshot preview for ya to see what it's gonna look like.

7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Martin - I'm with Kippax - currently Conductorless !!!
    This new tmp sounds good, and publishing the gradings lists is a great idea.
    Are you related to Kevin Hall (BBb) who's kindly helped us on a couple of gigs ? (I know Ken Smith very well).
    - Ian Wilkinson
  8. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Yeah Ian, Kevin is my brother, I actually helped you lot out at your club last month sitting bumper up to Alan Morrison.

I think as grading's goes, Wakefield are on a similar par to Kippax, and if you notice their advertising for a new MD too!!! Should be interesting!!

I think the 1st Section is going to be very difficult next year with an array of ex top section bands in it.

Come on everyone, someone must have a gradings list somewhere!!!
  9. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

All sorted thanks to Mike, cheers mate!!!

Now all I have to do is get my maths working...

Anyone requiring a copy, let me know!
  10. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

11. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I know that ourselves (Chapeltown), Knottingly Silver and Yorkshire Imps are all down this year from Champ to 1st in Yorkshire, so presumably we will be on 2 years average points.
    This seems a little unfair to us as we were actually in the 1st section in 2003 and came 4th, but even more so for Knottingly Silver who came 1st in the 1st section that year.
    Hadfield have appealed to stay in the 1st section (unless thay win at the finals) and Stannington's appeal to stay in the first section has been granted.
    So as far as I can work out 5 bands are going into the 1st section and only 2 leaving
    This will make it a bigger section than last year and should be an interesting contest.
  12. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Indeed! 1st section Yorkshire next year will be the one to watch. 8)
  13. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

14. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Indeed again. we appealed (Stannington) on the basis of only having the new MD 5 weeks, but he left and not long ago and have just got a new one (Robin Morgan). Should be intresting to see what happens!?
  15. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Robin Morgan hey, nice fella!! and he's not bad at the old stick waving business either!!

Give him my regards and best wishes!
  16. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Will do. :tup