Area performance recordings?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by markyboy, Mar 15, 2004.

1. markyboy

markyboy Member

Just wondered if anyone could tell me anymore about the Area recordings that seem to be available.
    A couple of people have mentioned that they have them and I would love to hear our performance again.
    Please let me know how you have got hold of them.
    Many thanks
    Mark

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    people
    recordings
    Area
    couple
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Your band would have been given one with a copy of your judges remarks.

John

4. Trigger

Trigger Member

I don't know how it works at other areas, but I seem to remember that you had to buy the CDs. And not only that, but you had to buy at least six. Perhaps it has changed since last year, or it is different at different areas?

5. CRat63

CRat63 Member

As far as I know, Nathan picked up the remarks and the single CD which is given to the band after the results. I seem to remember someone telling me he is going to arrive at band with 25 copies of it tomorrow!
    See you Friday, Uni band concert tomorrow.

Craig

6. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

The band was given a copy with the remarks. Have heard it (on the Sunday night when was quite merry), and guess its up to each band to pass amoung the players!

7. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I picked up our bands result sheet and we didn't get a cd!!! whats going on I feel cheated!!!!!! Did any other NW bands get a CD?

8. jonford

jonford Member

I don't think they do this in the NW area?

9. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Aww Should not all the areas have the same opportunities? I would have loved a recording of our performance.

10. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I think it's a logistics problem with the North West to be honest. We have all the sections on the one day, with most sections running at the same time. This would require several teams doing the recordings and recording equipment in all three halls. Compared to Yorkshire, for example, the North West area has a lot more bands across all sections too, so the cost/time/manpower would be too much to record everyone. The extra cost would have to be paid for by the bands, and no one really wants that. It's a shame I know.