Area performance recorded?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Griffis, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Griffis

Griffis Member

After being in the Yorkshire Areas today (Sunday 7th March) I noticed that there were microphones set up on the stage. Does anybody know if the bands were recorded for a CD, or to be broadcast on the radio?
  2. pug_101

pug_101 Member

To my knowledge, all bands are recorded and given a cd of their performance at a later date!
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

We were told that about the Scottish area anyway.
    Have the chance of buying on the day at a cheaper price as well.
  4. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I never heard about that Moira-is it just your own performance or others too to fill it up.
  5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yeah dewi, would be good to hear the recording. I'm sure someone will appear with one at band. good result mate :D
  6. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Hi Alec

Doyen will be recording the Scottish. It will be just your own band's performance that you can purchase after you have played. They did it at the Scottish Open as well. Your secretary should have a letter about it.
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Anybody know if they does this at the Midlands area?
  8. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Sounds like Mr Todds operating on a "need to know" basis Eck, get onto him at the next rehearsal

All being recorded by Doyen I'm sure, and I think the band has to purchase 5 cds at something like £5.
  9. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Thanks Alexandra,cheers for that
    Hey Mark,if JT's hiding things there wo'nt be another rehearsal :evil:
    Only joking John,Mark made me say that :lol:
  10. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Your band stage rep will have a copy - was given to them with the judges remark sheet. Some of our band heard it last night in the bandrooms bar - I am looking forward to hearing ours.
  11. blue_smarties

blue_smarties Member

I don't think so. Not 100% sure but I can't remember any microphones or hearing a recording of the band's performance when i played at the midlands area.
  12. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

It didn't look as if there was last weekend.