are you watching the moon..................?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Mar 3, 2007.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

.....................If not, open your curtains and have a look at a really interesting phenomina :tup

2. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

I'm watching but i can't understand whats happenin..but that might jus be the amount of ale i've had talking!

3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

OK then, have a look here for a really simple explanation.
    even i managed to understand it!

4. Willie Webster

Willie Webster New Member

I was watching it and it like, disappeared man, then it re appeared and then disappeared then , there it was again.
    Those eclipses are fast, How many was there?, it was awesome!

5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Yep, I was watching but holding the binocculars steady with a combination of cold and too much wine was difficult. Anyone took any photos?

6. Di

Di Active Member

I was up the garden watching it with Steve and Adam. But it got too cold, so I shut the door and watched through the patio window instead. Quite cool.

Better though was the eclipse of the sun back in '99. Now that WAS wicked. One minute it was light and sunny, then it got cooler and quieter, the birds stopped twittering, the sheep stopped bleating, then in was dark! We were stood on the hillside watching and all the lorries were driving by with their lights on. Then just as quickly it all went light again.

7. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

We had a concert this evening and one of our backrow cornets told us all to have a look, it was really good

8. The_Parson's_Son

The_Parson's_Son New Member

Typically cloudy in Norway!

If anyone does take photos, it would be nice to see then online. I stayed up specially to see the eclipse here in Stavanger (and don't forget we're an hour later). But, as usual, it got cloudy!

9. NeilW

NeilW Member

I've just tried to take a photo, but the auto modes can't manage to hack it :(

Maybe I'll go and have another go and actually think about it and take a proper manual mode photo - fortunately our camera will do that... (+ find a tripod!)

Maybe manage to post something in the morning....

Neil.

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes, had the full Blood Moon down here in the West, very impressive. Took some pictures but they weren't any good. Camera couldn't focus.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    phenomina
    moon
    curtains
    tup
    look
  12. postie

postie Member

We came out of the pub around 11.35pm and noticed the moon and realised it was the eclipse in action. It was an amazing sight - the moon was a browny red colour. We noticed how cold it was too - yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.

13. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I watched it from the garden. Amazing sight. Was it just me, or did there seem to be more stars visible than usual? I'm sure I saw a shooting star as well.

14. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

I was in the pub and missed it, prob wouldve seen 2 moons if I had went outside and tried to stare at it last night....!

15. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Was watching it from a girlguiding site in Croydon after sending the Brownies to bed, but it seemed to take forever to be fully covered! We gave up in the end!

16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I saw it! Cept it was quite cloudy and cold so we went in to watch scary films instead.
    But I'm confused (oddly enough) because I thought they were only meant to happen like every 100 years or something...

17. i thought about looking...then i realised it meant getting up!! i fell asleep at about 9.30 anyway within the first 10mins of watching Goldmember, woke up at 12:15 and the menu screen was up on the dvd player coz it had finished!! made me chuckle!! didnt realise i was that tired!!

18. leisa

leisa Active Member

i went outside on saturday night and looked at the sky but couldnt see anything...then started gettin a load of abuse from drunkards for standing staring at the sky so we went back inside :-(

19. Kaskaey

Kaskaey Member

i watched the eclipse with my head stuck out the car sunroof on the motorway. i got cold ears but it was worth it. I then decided to ring my dear sister who was with my dear bandies. they just laughed and told me that the moon isnt red and to stop being silly. :(

20. number3

number3 New Member

decided to stay in the bar ...couldn't see much of the moon..........;)

21. wkt

wkt Member

I saw it on the bus on my way back to Bradford from the Buy as You View concert in Morley. It was class. The eclipse was good too.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    phenomina
    moon
    curtains
    tup
    look