Are you an early or late Xmas shopper?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Charmed, Dec 9, 2005.

Are you an early xmas shopper or late xmas shopper?

1. Early

12 vote(s)
  2. Late

31 vote(s)
  1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Every year I say to myself 'Next year I will start my Xmas shopping early'. Round about August I hear friends and colleagues talking about the xmas present they have just bought and I think to myself 'Xmas? No, it's still too hot to think about Xmas!' Come the end of October and xmassy things start appearing in shops alongside the halloween costumes. During November houses start looking like Blackpool illuminations, and I think to myself, 'Oh God, xmas is ages away yet!' In December, the said friends and colleagues are talking about the last 1 or 2 presents they need to get and I'm thinking 'perhaps I had better start!!!'

So how have I done this year compared to previous years??

Went xmas shopping for the first time this week! What do I find, none of the presents I want for my kids are left in store! Can't find a car parking space! Shops are so crowded I just want to die!!!

Oh well, maybe next year????
  2. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

well must say i've been realy organised this year, bought pretty much everything off the net and had it delivered straight to me, no busy shops!!!!

and well no w i have all cards written and sent, and all presetns wrapped, i'm officially ready for the big day!!!
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

To me the best bit of christmas presents is the plannign and buying of them. When I start looking for presents then I start getting in the mood for christmas.

I cannot see the point in buying them so early on in the year I can't buy mine in August as it doesn't feel Christmassy to do so. I've just started buying them now and with it being 2 weeks away I feel I've got plenty of time and I am starting to get into the Christmas mood.
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I haven't bought anything yet! I only got payed today :tongue: so I'm hitting the shops after college, guna be such a panic though I have no idea what I'm getting anybody :tongue: ah well it'll fun I love buying presents for people!
  5. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Still haven't done my shopping, it will probably end up in a mad hurry on the 23rd or Xmas either dependant on where I'm carolling.
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I tend to buy the odd item early, if I spot a bargain - just so long as I can remember where I've put in when Christmas comes round!

The problem with buying early these days is that, with so many stores competing and reducing prices in attempt to clear stock, you often find you could have bought what you wanted much cheaper by waiting. As it is, I've only got a few bits and pieces to get now, mainly for my wife.

We do try to get our cards off near the start of the month, and they were posted yesterday, just in time to catch the posting dates for our friends overseas ;)
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

We recieved our first card in November... Haven't even written ours yet.
    Jessop-Smythe please note I have bought your present, although it's about the only one I have.
  8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Definitely late. I find if I leave the Xmas shopping until Christmas Eve the extra pressure adds to the inspiration and I get it done in double quick time!!

9. Key2207

Key2207 Member

I leave it to the last minute as does my mum. I find it makes (boring) crimbo shopping more exciting!! :p
  10. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I will leave mine to the last minute as usual. But then again i only have to buy a couple of pressies.
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

As late as a late thing that got held up.

I'll be starting my mad panic quite soon.
  12. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

I'm all done, presents are all wrapped and cards are almost done too.
  13. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I've got all my shopping done, although it feels a bit boring now as I have nothing to do!

Perhaps I should actually write those Christmas cards that have been sitting in my drawer since January...
  14. andyp

andyp Active Member

Done nearly all of ours (or rather my wife has!), and mostly on the 'net.
    I hate shopping in all its forms, I only do buying. Decide what you want, go get it. Wandering round like Mark Thatcher in the desert until you disappear up your own fundamental trying to find "a present" without knowing what it is is just asking for stress and trouble.
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Woo-hoo! Only got 3 more to get and I know what 2 of those are anyway. Only the brother-in-law to worry about and I never know what to get him anyway. Doesn't drink much, doesn't like sport, doesn't drive, doesn't read, not into music/gadgets. Any ideas?!?
  16. BOB_

BOB_ Member

i had mine sorted weeks ago:clap: i even have next years bday presents up till may
  17. as i have £2 in my bank, xmas shoppin is postponed till i have some dosh!!!
  18. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I hate any kind of shopping. I would rather stick pins in both my eyes and peel off all my skin before jumping into a bathful of salt.

I therefore leave it as late as possible and spend the absolute minimum of money. I don't send cards and if you are over 18 and under 65 you won't get a pressie.

Hah! Bum-hug!
  19. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Don't even know what I'm buying who yet! Probably be doing all of mine on 23rd/24th! Depends when gig cheques start coming in!!
  20. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Im being forced to go into town next friday to get presents. I hate shopping its like my french lessons, boring, havent got a clue what to do and I keep getting told off. Ive got cards (well my mum gave me cards and told me to write them) theyre sitting on my desk not written. I got my first xmas present at band tonight from the only person that gets excited by it :cool: