Are there any brass bands in Liverpool?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Richard B, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Richard B

Richard B New Member

Gonig to uni next september, hopefully liverpool- just doing a bit of research in advance, are there any bands in Liverpool? Im currently at YBS Concert, would like to keep up the playing, just wasn't sure what bands there were in Liverpool, if any!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Liverpool
    YBS Concert
    Im
    brass bands
    advance
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. Don't know of any actually in Liverpool - but I think that there are a couple just on the outskirts (but my geography is pants so don't this as gospel):

Rainford
    Skelmersdale
    Parr
    Haydock

....?

5. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

wire and greenalls aren't really far away either.

6. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

And if there were, would you leave your car outside the bandroom? he he

7. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Wire Brass are based in Warrington , you have City of Chester , Northop Silver , Wrexham Brass , Royal Buckley , Holywell bands in the area.

8. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

Your lucky there isn't too many scoucers on tmp. lol

9. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Yes, we have people coming from Liverpool. Takes about 20-30 mins. Let us know when you arrive at university if you want to come over for a blow - transport will probably be available.

Daniel (Northop Silver)

10. IanB

IanB New Member

Pathetic, predicatable, puerile comment John.

Ian

11. IanB

IanB New Member

Which airline is that with then Daniel? 20mins??!!??!!
    Ian

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Liverpool
    YBS Concert
    Im
    brass bands
    advance
  13. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

no there unfortunatly arnt any bands in liverpool (not that ive noticed neway and ive been here a while) and due to not being able to drive ive not gone too far out of liverpool, just uni band for me.

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I heard that's because all the local bands were warned of you and decided to keep quite ;)

15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

it really woulnt surprise me wouldnt that

16. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

It would be if I was actually being serious. Thought the 'he he' bit might have given that away. I leave the pathetic, predicatable and puerile comment to Boris Johnston!

17. Richard B

Richard B New Member

cheers!

cheers for the replys, it seems brass bands are all the rage in liverpool! I'll have a look at that bands listing thing, and i don't suppose 20-30 minutes is much of a way to travel if i can't find one too near, cheers.

18. helen

helen New Member

Hi, I've just started at liverpool uni as well, and I think it's a shame that there are no brass bands in the area. If you are serious about wanting to join one, would you be prepared to help me try and set one up? It would be crap at first, but if we got enough people it could work? If you're interested contact helen_farrow2k2@hotmail.com
    Let me know.
    Helen

19. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Rainford is possibly the closest to Liverpool and we're always welcoming new players.

if you want to come down for a blow then you're more than welcome to pop along! three of our players liver in Liverpool and they attend all rehearsals so its not that far.

20. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

quite shy?
    quite hush hush

... oh, QUIET! :biggrin:

*hides*

;)

21. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Port Sunlight Lyceum Brass are only a short train ride away aswell. Just one train from the centre of Liverpool then 5 mins walk.
    If the roads are clear(!!) it takes me 30 minutes from the Wirral to Northop, and we have someone at the uni who drives down aswell.