...are all the flowers growing on you...?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ste69, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Just out of interest...

After some more intense rehearsing, the piece is actually starting to grow on me (pardon the pun). Wondered if anyone else is finding this to be the case...:shock:

Answers on a postcard please...

2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I don't really care for it. There are a few nice moments, but overall...I might be able to handle hearing about 3 - 5 bands play it (Unlike Masquerade a few years back that was a 10 - 13 or so band piece). I think the ending is weak...and not just because it is soft. I have heard some very good soft endings, but I don't think this is one.

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've loved it from the word go!
    Good piece; nice challenge; lots to think about.

:-D

4. Richard Dyson

Richard Dyson Member

I think it has many qualities that would make flowers grow...

Still not sure yet, maybe in two weeks time I may find something to whistle, but then again everyone at work is happy that I'm not humming along to whichever piece I'm normally playing.

5. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Am looking forward to hearing it at the RAH . Having beasted "Chaucers tunes" am still not sure about that piece one way or the other so will be interested to hear some more of his stuff.
    Have the album of stuff of Ball's that Dyke did - I think "Whitsun Wakes" is fantastic so will be interested to see how "All the flowers..." compares.Is it an original brass piece or another wind band transcription?

6. Ste69

Ste69 Member

As far as I know, and judging by what it says on the cover, its an original. Comissioned by the BBC no less!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004