Are all banders ugly???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Fifi, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fifi

Fifi Member

I know this mite sound quite funny, but all my friends seem to think that banders are all ugly. They seem to think they all have rather larger beer bellies and smoke till it comes out of ther ears!!!!
    They even thinbk some of the lasses are a bit off!!!! I knowe i aint the preetiest lass on the block but i need some proof that this theory isnt true!!!!!

Nikki.

2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

No some of us are very nice!!!

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

and this comment after your first rehearsal at Flixton Nikki!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bandspeople are a pretty mixed bunch...some better looking than others....

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Its just unfortunate that banding turns even the healthiest of us into beer bellied, smoke like chimney fools. I was once a decent sportsman and now i couldnt run a raffle let alone a few miles!!! As for bandsmen being ugly, my personal answer is its all my parents fault!!

5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Tis an interesting point....myself and little sister had a discussion about this at Wychavon last year and a follow up at pontins and we concluded that actually banders are getting better looking than they used to be (or maybe we're just getting more desperate :? ).....

6. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

I think if you were to take any collection of people from as wide of an age range and range of backgrounds, they'd compare similarly to banders. I mean as a group we wouldn't compare to a 20 something track and field team, but they'd be far less entertaining (on stage or off.)

7. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Some might start off ugly but after all day in the bar all the brass band birds look gorgeous to me!! 8)

and if you think different you are not drinking enough!! :lol:

8. shedophone

shedophone Member

after enough beer anyone looks ok.

i wouldnt say brass banders are much different to any other group of people, apart from maybe bigger beer bellies (including the women), but hey, we enjoy ourselves more so what does it matter...

9. Di

Di Active Member

Some nice friends you've got there! :wink: According to Vicki's friends, banders are a bunch of geeks. :evil: Oh, to enlighten them!

10. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Think we started on a topic like this before but the mods didn't like it so it got locked.

Might go the same way, so no comment!!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    fast cars
    nice guy
    guy witht
    paid job
  12. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

My mummy says I'm the cutest person she knows, and I play in a band!!!
    :D

But seriously, I think that is a poor stereotype. While we're at it, let's make anyone living Australia kangaroo-riding cowboys. Let's make Brits have poor accents and bad teeth. Lets have all scottish people running around without underwear, and eatting sheep parts.

Besides, I thought Tara Fitzgerald changed that stereotype????? :wink:

13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

sounds about right... :wink:

anyway, yeah we're a hideous bunch, not a looker among us... in fact, to even qualify to play in a brass band you have to pass the jordan test. You stand in front of Jordan for 5 minutes and if she doesn't drag you off to a back room your in!

14. MattB

MattB Member

All banders certainly aren't ugly! I myself have been compared to Brad Pitt on many occasions..................................

Mind you, it is after several rounds of absynth!

15. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

We're just all brass playing Hobbits. :wink:

16. dyl

dyl Active Member

The problem before was that individual bands were being named and therefore could have caused insult to those involved. Seeing as this thread is talking about brass banders in general we don't see a problem with it at the moment!

17. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Really should remove my pic if I'm going to argue against this point :( My girlfriend's a band lass though and she's certainly not ugly so it looks like it's 50/50 in my sample of 2 ;)

18. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

who is Jordan???

19. Dan

Dan Member

An English girl/celebrity with big ones!

[​IMG]

Due over to Australia soon to take part in a program called 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' Think it is being filmed in the Rain Forests in Queensland

20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

How about a thread on ugly moderators? :wink:

Anyway, basic description of Jordan.
    Breasts - Lots
    Standards - Not so much...

21. andyp

andyp Active Member

A kind of over-inflated silicone life-raft lookalike who has become famous (if that's the right word) merely by behaving in a manner that would normally result in the title of "slapper".
    Instead, bizzarely, she has become a Z-list celebrity, who would attend the opening of a lift door if it meant her picture in the paper. Even more bizzarely, she has competition from other females of similar mind, which appears to sell newspapers.
    Sad, isn't it?

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    fast cars
    nice guy
    guy witht
    paid job
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.