Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cookoomashu, Jun 2, 2014.

1. cookoomashu

cookoomashu New Member

Does anyone know where I can get the parts to William Rimmer's Arabian? I orded it from Just Music back in 2010 only to discover it was no longer available from the publisher and that position hasn't changed in almost four years!

It is a fantastic stage march and one which has been used in the past at Whit Friday but in terms of purchasing copies, unlike some of Rimmer's other marches, Arabian seems to have dropped off the place of the planet.

Our librarian is currently speaking to the Brass Band Archives about it as I believe they might have a copy but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  2. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

This piece is indeed in the National Archive. I don't know if they loan pieces out though. Some publishers have their own archives and will reprint oldies on request, for a fee of course.
  3. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

Besses have it in their Library and it is listed as having been purchased 2007 via "Dragon Music" ?
  4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  5. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

thinking about it, I remember having this march in our pads for a short while and playing it. If it the one that I am thinking of, I do not remember it being one that I liked.
    I seem to remember it being a bit odd with a strange middle section ?
    I could be mistaken though