April Fools Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 1alexm, Mar 31, 2007.

1. 1alexm

1alexm Member

Is April Fools Day 24 hours or just 12 hours?
    My mates say its 12 hours, but I thought it was 24 hours, because there's 24 hours in a day, and it confuses me to call it April Fools Day when there's only 12 hours of it.
    Can anyone explain please?
  2. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

12 hours- ends at midday apparently. Any jokes after midday and it's YOU that's the fool...
  3. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

hehe.. anyone got any good april fools that they could share with us all??
  4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Actually alex, the girls are trying to fool you, knowing that you won't be getting out of bed before 12 anyway during school holidays, it's all day...Really!
  5. tedmundo

tedmundo Member

Right! when I was a kid, if anyone played a joke after midday, that gave you (any or all of us) the right to trick HIM in some way.

by the way,
  6. 1alexm

1alexm Member

Hehe, i got up at 9 this morning and at half past i'm off to Junior band rehearsal followed by Senior Band Concert, so i'll have plenty of time to fool people.
  7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

A couple of my gang tried to text me this morning (day of the contest) making excuses for being late/not making it.

my delightful little brother told me his car had been stolen with the band timps in!!! Fortunatley I was ready for this as I know my my lot are like!
  8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Gald to see it was both of us then! We got called downstairs for an emergancy meeting this morning, apparently some of the halls students had complained about the state of our kitchen, which was of course a total lie!

a few members of the group were sucessfully targeted- linda believed the note that was left on the door was actually from a secret admirier!

Kept us entertained all morning!
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I always thought it was bad luck to play a joke after midday...so 12 hours!
  10. robcornet

robcornet Member

I live up north and after 12noon it's legging up day or at least it was when I was at school, I've grown up a bit now so don't do that anymore. Maybe this is just a northern thing, but I go with until 12noon then you can't play jokes on anyone. :)