April Fool 4br?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lauradoll, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Ha have you seen the Nationals draw item on 4br!

Reeks of April Fool if you ask me......funny though!!

Well done lads!
  2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Had me chuckling too...

but a bit too obvious.
  3. T Winch

T Winch Member

They couldn't have made it more obvious if they'd put "This is an April Fool" at the top in big bold letters!
  4. How daft am I! I have been sitting in my office raging at the fact! only to discover its April 1st!
  5. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Oh dear, Paul... only you mate :p
  6. Flugel Boy

Flugel Boy New Member

Did you believe the flying penguins on the bbc website too? :biggrin:
  7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

The Penguins video is brilliant. The draw thing made me chuckle.

"It’s like Formula 1 – only backwards, and with no cars, no prize money, less accidents and no excitement, if you see what I mean. No one wants to see an unpredictable brass band contest…”

8. joker66

joker66 Member

you weren't the only one - I've been thinking 'they can't do that - its not fair!!!!

There's nothing wrong with a little innocence these days.. !!
  9. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

They've already been using that system for years anyway ;)
  10. Zeek

Zeek Member

They were doing well, untill the last couple of paragraphs were they gave the game away, altho it was very funny
  11. Yep, worked in Yorkshire. Oops wrong thread!
    (Digs very deep hole and jumps in feet first!)
  12. andylockett86

andylockett86 Member

good to see they actually have a sense of humour
  13. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it's a good idea - it's a royal PITA having to get up early and get to the Albert Hall in time for the national anthem just in case something goes wrong and Dyke draw no. 1 ...
  14. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

I almost believed it till i saw this thread:oops:
  15. critic

critic Member

Hey andy behave yourself course we have a sense of humour you should know that
  16. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Quite funny really. I was taken in until I got to the bottom of the artical, then I realised
  17. andylockett86

andylockett86 Member

hahaha yes i know - meant it with a little irony...............but all in jest;)
  18. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Had me going for a little while :redface:

Thing is though, it wouldn't surprise me at all if a system like this was introduced. I mean, who'd have thought that a participating bandsperson would need to purchase a ticket to go in for the results?!?!?
  19. eanto

eanto Member

It would never work. You need a random spacing of intermediate bands to nip out for a pint.
  20. Mephi

Mephi Member

We had a band 'meeting' on Tuesday and whilst searching for something on 4bars one of our players (nameless of course, all I'll say is he is from the lower end of the band, can't have such a story connected to us cornets!) shrieked "Look what they want to do with the Nationals - oh they can't do that!!" which was met by much ridicule. To make it worse though, when asked what day it was he answered "I don't know - whenever the nationals is!" - it took him three attempts to suss out the 1st of April bit!