Apology

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Llamedos, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

Hi
    I posted a thread last week which I now realise has offened quite a few people,one in particular. I would like to say that believe it or not this was not the intention. I would like to apologise to the people I offended especially the one particular one(you know who you are). I am truly sorry for any offence that I caused you.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    HiI
    week
    people
    Apology HiI
    thread
  3. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Don`t be too hard on yourself. You raised some interesting points. I think the only problem was that we could all work out who you were talking about. Not really your fault as I believe you posted innocently not realising what "spotters" some of us are. Hope it gets sorted for you.

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

I must be really dense cos i can't work out who u were on about!!

5. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

it doesn't matter whether we worked out who the band in question was or not, the fact is problems like this shouldn't be sorted on tMP, but, having said that I hope Llamedos has thought about his problem/s and decided on a course of action.

6. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Hope you can all draw a line under it and make a fresh start...good luck.

7. Phil_trumpet

Phil_trumpet New Member

In the postings in the previous thread, it was widely acknowledged that this forum is not the place for discussing personal issues with regard to the band. These issues should be raised at band, either with MD directly, or with the management committee.
    The band in question has been developing constantly over the last few years, and there is an air of enthusiasm and confidence growing in the bandroom, boosted in part by some recent contesting successes, the thriving relationship with our professional conductor and the team he and our MD form to take the band forward. These successes have been achieved only through being a team, working hard for each other and not for ourselves.
    In this team, every part is important, and as such, we have strong players positioned in every section. There are no bars or biases for individual development, and where possible and based on ability we have given players the opportunity to develop, both within the cornet section and throughout the band.
    The comments that have been made in this forum do not reflect the opinions of this happy and friendly band, nor do they support the ethos of building a team. However, the comments have been noted, and if there are any issues they will be addressed within the bandroom.
    The MD has the full support of the management committee and players of the band. The committee is very pleased in the way that the band is developing and has high aspirations for the future.
    We now consider this discussion to be closed.

8. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I thought it was closed. I thought this thread was an apology for starting it in the first place?

9. skweeky

skweeky Member

Is that not a bit of a contradiction by adding to the discussion by posting your comments regarding personal issues in band/s in this public forum?..... :-?

Oh well, never mind :-D

10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Sorry, Mr Anonymous Phil_Trumpet, understandably, you might not want the conditions in your band to be discussed, but the original thread did actually raise broader points that tMP members may wish to continue to discuss.

Only the mods can close discussions, by locking a thread.

BTW, welcome to tMP ;)

11. alks

alks Member

Interestingly, i can nolonger find the thread in question. I assume it has been removed?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    HiI
    week
    people
    Apology HiI
    thread
  13. The Wherryman

Yes, it has. You may have gathered from this thread that matters had been raised by an individual that were generally thought to be matters to be kept within the bandroom. Unfavourable comments were made about people that, although neither the OP's nor the other individuals' names were mentioned, it didn't need the skills of Sherlock Holmes to identify them and the Mods removed the thread after some pm's.

Phil_Trumpet (the band?) wants to draw a line under it. However, in the removed thread there were interesting general points raised (not to anyone's detriment) that might have attracted further discussion.

I think that is a pretty accurate description of how we got here, should anyone else be wondering.

14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

So did i thought it was closed as well:confused:

15. agentorange

agentorange Member

I didn't see the original thread but WELL DONE for having the bottle to apologise on line. I hope the offended person accecpts it!

16. cornet ninja

cornet ninja New Member

Hi all- I posted earlier on in the week on this very issue and would like to ask the mods why the thread was removed? Secondly, I would also like to reiterate my point to Llamedos and any other members of said band that there are plenty of other brass bands not too many miles from your own where you can be guaranteed a warm welcome and can expect a professional standard of conducting week in, week out.

17. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Defined how? I'm curious

18. The Wherryman

Oh dear, it looks like we have another newbie out to cause trouble :eek:.

Nothing that Llamados posted makes me think the band he is (was?) in suffered from sub-standard leadership, only that no-one was patting him on the head and telling him what a good little cornet player he was.

Give it a rest!

19. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

The conductor who took them at the Areas and the National finals in Harrogate certainly knows what he is doing. And he is quite charming...he has been to us on a visit and we enjoyed it very much

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  20. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Go Away ^^^^^^

Well done for standing up and apologising.

21. skweeky

skweeky Member

lol and slowly but surely... The newbies are conjurring up ANOTHER thread which is sure to be closed down.

Can anyone not learn that petty issues about compliment-seeking and childish praise, unneccessary competition and just general whinging are for pre-educated toddlers? Come on guys, use a bit of common sense and grow up a little eh?!

22. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

The thread was removed after a few complaints from members. These few complaints turned into several after your, quite frankly, idiotic posting in the thread.

As there are several good points raised within the thread we are currently discussing the best way to reinstate it minus the posts that caused other members here issues. This is not easy or straight-forward to do if the thread is going to make some sort of sense after editing. Please be patient - all of the moderating team here work voluntarily, and we all work full-time. As such, time-consuming moderation like this can tend to take a few days to get sorted out.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sure Llamedos "and other members" know exactly who you are and the band for which you play. While we can't stop anyone here posting comments that amount to blatant "poaching" of players, all I can hope is that they take comments such as these on board and respond appropriately to them the next time you require their help. One thing I will say directly is that the moderating team here take a dim view of people using tMP to slag off other bandspeople - no matter who they are. Especially when that person isn't a tMP member and doesn't necessarily have the access to respond, and particularly from members who hide behind anonymous user names. Take this as a final warning.

As for this thread - it takes a big person to apologise and a bigger one to accept. The fact that you've used someone else's apology thread to attempt to further your own cause says a lot about you as a person.