apart from brass...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by trombelle, Mar 22, 2004.

1. trombelle

trombelle Member

seeing as the brass band world is a pretty mixed bunch of peoplei just wondered what other music everyone is into? so come on...is it cheesy pop, hardcore thrash metal, rap, disco, classical etc etc???

surely its not ALL brass CDs in your collection????
  2. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I like catchy guitar and bass parts. So I have a varied collection, as long as it has a groove of some sorts. Plus the standard orchestral stuff and so forth
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

erm...no...*cough* *cough*...not at all... :?

I can listen to pretty much any music...just not heavy metal!
  4. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i will listen to anything and everything!!

i love evenesance, but on the other hand love handel!

my fave piece is by wagner but, love is all around is one of my favourite songs!!

Kel xx
  5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i listen to pretty much everything. i'm not a big fan of opera or rap..... purely coz rap doesnt make sense half the time. my brother listens to it constantly and every song sounds the same.

i love the soundtrack to the rocky horror show! :D is it jus me?

i like ska rock, pop, indie.
    lovin starsailor, oasis and the darkness atm :D

ok, long post. i apologise :S

6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

A massive variety. My car CD player holds six CDs (swich git) - currently Rossini, Muddy Waters, Led Zep, White Stripes, Electric Six and Lemon Jelly. The CDs in the glove box and in my room are even more varied!
  7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i like pretty much anything (except some opera pieces and heavy metal) in my cd collection there is 2cds with me on (one singing and one playing) and there is also blink 182 evanescence the darkness limp bizkit the calling good charlotte... also christina aguilera and beyonce ... and newest addition to my cd collection is my most favorite classical piece, the hebrides by felix mendlessohn! so i have pretty much all sides of music covered!!!
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Everything from Marilyn Manson to Dido... now there's a duet in the making!!!
  9. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I like Rock and Metal, but I do have loads of brass C.D.'s and the three tenors but lets not talk about that
  10. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Good choice!!!

It is a fantastic piece, but when you've studied every bar of it and listened to it 50 million, zillion times you get a bit bored with it- but it's a lot easier to listen to over and over again than Handel's Coronation anthems!! :lol:
    I listen to lots of different genres of music!!! In my cd player at the moment it varies from Led Zepplin, Norah Jones, Dido, Queen, Incubus, Oasis and i'm really into 70's soul!! :D
    A wide variety really!!! Plus lots of classical stuff obviously but too many to name on that one!

edit: forgot the White Stripes!!! how could i ay bruceg?? :D
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Rock, pop, jazz, world music, classical, drum + bass, blues, film, old, new... pretty much anything, within reason

12. drummergurl

good thing im not in 6th form and studying it then!!
  13. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Yeah tis!! I think it's fantastic but now find that i can't listen to it and enjoy it for the music it is, i find myself thinking oh there goes the inverted 1st subject and cromatic circling around D rather than wow that sounded good!! lol.

My favourite bit without a doubt is the 2nd subject when it is modified in the development!!
    Absolutely fantabulous!!!

14. drummergurl

yeah and that made sooooooo much sense to me, being in year 10!!! i think ill just appreciate it for the music and effects it creates and leave it at that!
  15. Trigger

Trigger Member

Oh it has to be Chesney Hawkes, The One and Only!! :lol: :lol:

No, I like ABBA!!!! And a bit of Madness, ABBA, Queen, ABBA oh and did I mention ABBA!!
  16. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

A mate of mine used to have a REALLY impressive audio setup in his old station wagon, and when I came home from uni we'd go hit the town listening to tunes, chatting, and checking out the other diots in their hotted up cars dragging and the such....

I say used to, because he got sick of me "analysing" his music!!!
  17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I think I have the most varied dc selection on the planet...
    ac/dc, metallica, bon jovi, carpenters, del amitri, dire straits, queen, police, erasure, robbie williams, simon & garfunkel, meatloaf, little angels, m people, classical cd's (too numerous to even go through), umpteen brass cd's (I'm still expecting a few to be returned, you know who you are if you're reading this!!!), the hollies, catatonia, frankie goes to hollywood, frank sinatra, stephan grapelli, stereophonics, travis, undertones, alanis morrisette, new order, and the list just goes on..and on..and on..
    Take a breath crawf, take a breath...
  18. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Early punk music and when in a mellow mood all the 80's heavy metal.My friends at my local pub cant believe I listen to such music when I'm supposed to be musical.No taste thats what I say.
  19. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

Clicking on this link will give you an idea of what I listen to. It's information uploaded from my iTunes player that I use both at home and work.

Cheers, Greg.
  20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

yeah that's some varied direct current if ever i saw it!