Anyone started carrolling yet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stopher, Nov 28, 2006.

1. stopher

stopher Member

Had our first carol gig last saturday, turning on the Bangor Christmas lights (fantastic event - Gospel Choir with rapper(!), Majorettes, sorry chavettes that looked as if they might mug a bystander and Father Christmas stuck on the roof of a caravan with a traffic warden desperate to clamp him and his reindeers!)

Anyone else started the season of goodwill and hypothermia yet?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bangor Christmas
    Gospel Choir
    Father Christmas
    Bangor Christmas lights
    fantastic event - Gospel Choir
  3. postie

postie Member

Yes Bestwood got asked to do some carols at the Fountaindale School last Saturday morning. We got asked very late in the day as another band had dropped out.

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

The joys of Bangor!

We start on Sunday, at the National Slate Museum in Llanberis - then the annual carol service at Llandinorwig Church in Deiniolen. Can't wait...................................... :rolleyes:

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Killamarsh Training Band had their first carolling event on 17/11 - turning on of village Christmas lights - this was the first time they'd done carols; last year we didn't have a training band. They went down so well that the organisers have asked them back to do the next two Christmas events, a Victorian Market and civic carol service. The main band had been booked for both these events, now they don't want us, they just want the nice kiddies, cos they look so nice and sweet. I don't know how I'm going to tell the main band, they'll be so dissapponted that we will have no carolling events this Christmas;) .

6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Is this true Francis? please say yes!

Is this the same kids as on Sunday's? Don't look very sweet to me

With the other band I play for we are doing our first job on Thursday. Doncaster Frenchgate centre. Miles from where anybody in band lives on a weekday evening, but round the corner from my school.

7. We start on Saturday morning playing carols to the people of Edinburgh. We have 4 saturdays and mid week slots - never ending!!! I hate christmas carolling!!!!!!

8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

As you can imagine, I'm abolutely devistated that I'm busy either working or playing elsewhere for all of my Band's Carolling sessions. I love Christmas Carolling so much!

NOT!!!

Baah Humbug

9. AndyFlugel

AndyFlugel New Member

Yes - our band was present for Redditch town centre's ceremony for the Christmas lights being switched on

I wasn't there though - was unwell and missed it!

10. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

We had to start last saturday (25th Nov) playing at our sponsors main store in the town for the arrival of Santa. Luckily we don't have any true Christmas concerts this year where we normally have two!

11. Carolling

We sad individuals here at Torbay Brass Band have to confess having started carolling in September - that is right September. Two evenings a week at a local hotel which will run through until the end of December - we hope! We have in the past gone through to January and we think we must be the only band in the world that is nuts enought to play carols for such a long period. Add that to our Saturday morning sessions during December plus the usual carol concerts that are booked that month it certainly is a busy time. Is there another band out there anywhere in the world that wants to challenge this unknown record and take it from us - please?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bangor Christmas
    Gospel Choir
    Father Christmas
    Bangor Christmas lights
    fantastic event - Gospel Choir
  13. flower girl

flower girl Member

not carroling as such but did a christmas concert the other night

14. Veri

Veri Member

Jubilee played at a Christmas fete on the 18th November!!

And last Saturday was the switching on of the Christmas, sorry "festive", lights, with a festive parade, which the ODBBA took part in - there was a brilliant atmosphere and I had a great time!!

Can't escape carols now, think we've got about 15 Christmas jobs on. Last year we, apparently, played a total of 666 carols. Any other bands counting theres? Don't know if we'll beat that this year or not...

15. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

Silver Sounds Band played at a local village Christmas Fayre on 18 Nov. Put us outside in a tent type structure and the flap kept falling down, v funny! However, we passed the 'audition' as they promised to find room for us inside next year, and have asked us to give a concert in the new year.
    WELL DONE EVERYONE!! :icon_smile: :woo

16. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

We start on saturday to switch the Raunds Christmas BULB on-they get less and less every year cos the yobs keep breaking em. No carolling as such but 3 concerts.

17. Stannington Brass Band started their first Christmas engagement last Saturday playing at the Frenchgate Centre in Doncaster This Saturday 2 December we have our own Christmas Concert in Stannington at the Lomas Hall when our own training band who willl be playing seven pieces as well. Between then and Christmas we have sixteen engagements which include playing in Stannington village itself on Christmas Day and Boxing Day morning starting at 9.45am.

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Starting at Sloane Square on Saturday (11-12.30 & 1.30 - 3 approx) so if any of you are around there getting that Christmas shopping done, come along and say "Hello" ;)

19. We stood under a streetlight in Knighton, on saturday evening, for the switching on the lights thing. The road was closed to traffic, lots of kids running around, us playing carols, people feeling relaxed and jolly - why can't they close the road to traffic every day, and have a special day once a year when they let the vandals in their cars drive through?

Just one problem though. The lights were ordered from eastern europe and haven't arrived yet. So there were no lights to switch on! That is mainly why we were under the streetlight.

20. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Yup, our youth band was out in force for the switching on of the lights in middleton wow it was ages ago on 19th November, in the freezing cold for hours and hours.......... I did get my picture in the local rag tho ( why me????)
    Let silly season commence!!!!

21. vonny

vonny Member

I'm going to miss playing with the band this christmas, it will be so strange being so far away from home to. At least the sun will be shining in India :)

22. skimbleshanks

skimbleshanks Member

Brassage Brass Band will do its first carolling on the 16th of December somewhere in the center of Paris ! In the meantime the conductor insists on rehearsing the hymns in the back of the red book !