Anyone selling a Sparx 4E cornet mouthpiece?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Keith Johns, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Keith Johns

Keith Johns New Member

Please message me.

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Not me, had one briefly and did not like at all...

Best of luck anyway

3. Keith Johns

Keith Johns New Member

What did you settle on? I’m currently using a Warburton 4mv with a 9* backbone. I’m happy with the sound I get but my range is really only good to a written Bb (soprano cornet). Thanks Tom

4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Eventually.... Bob Reeves 40C (slightly smaller diameter than a Bach 17C, but a fraction deeper and more V shaped cup) with a Reeves 40S when I want more zing.

But these are probably a bit small for most people, so I'm not sure whether I'd necessarily recommend them if you see what I mean?

Unfortunately no mouthpieces give us free notes up top, only practice and correct technique does that.

Some mouthpieces make it easier to last up there (stamina) and/or make the slots more rigid... The payoff is a much more direct and piercing tone which doesn't really fit brass bands for most playing, along with harder work playing quietly.

5. Hsop

Hsop Member

Hi

There are so many to choose from, I found it much more difficult to find mouthpieces that work for me for soprano compared to Bb cornet. I'm currently using a Curry custom mouthpiece on soprano, EC 5S is the model. I had previously used a Bach 12C and also an Alliance BVT which I really like and may use again at some point. Keith, I have a spare Warburton 8MC top that is in new condition that may be worth a try. Warburton are good mouthpieces, just so many options to choose from. I was fortunate that I was in a music store in Canada who had the full range of tops and backbores so I could try them out and select one that I liked. It becomes an expensive hobby buying mouthpieces. . .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice