Anyone selling a decent Baritone?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by simonpohare, Jun 8, 2010.

1. simonpohare

simonpohare Member

A pupil of mine is going to University in Sept and has asked me to look out for a good 2nd hand Baritone for her. She has played a Music service instrument over the past ten years and needs one of her own. Cheers.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Anyone
    mine
    one
    Baritone
    pupil
  3. bannisa

bannisa Member

I have a round stamp Sovereign silver plated baritone for sale. Depends how much she is looking to spend. Send me your number and I'll take some pictures and send them to you. My number is 07859 203467

Regards

Andrew Bannister
    Assistant Principal Cornet
    Grimethorpe Colliery Band

4. bannisa

bannisa Member

I have taken some pictures of the baritone. It plays excellently although it does need a good clean (which I would do) It has the usual dents and scrapes of an instrument that age and a crease in the bell which would need a repair to improve it visually.
    Great quality instrument though.

5. NWBari

NWBari New Member

6. simonpohare

simonpohare Member

7. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

8. bannisa

bannisa Member

I would take £500 plus postage for it.

9. _si

_si Member

Would you be interested in a straight swop for a 1985 besson sovereign cornet in good condition in original case with a new mute (£20 unused) ? i paid £450 + £20 postage off ebay 3 months ago but didnt get on with playing cornet and am now playing the bands Baritone but would like my own...

10. bannisa

bannisa Member

Sounds like an interesting deal to me. Is it round stamp in the blue case? medium or large bore?

Where are you based? I'm in Lincoln but obviously spending a lot of time in the Yorkshire area.

11. _si

_si Member

Its the one after the round stamp, its a 928 laquer, i think it is 1985 going by the serial numbers, it plays perfect and apart from some very minor dings it looks great and plays 100%. It is in the original brown besson case. Im in Congleton Cheshire mate :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Anyone
    mine
    one
    Baritone
    pupil
  13. simonpohare

simonpohare Member

keep me posted regarding the deal, lads!