Anyone seen this: C4 Buys Hit US Series 'Lost'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 21, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I have seen a trailer several times recently on C4 promoting a new series called 'Lost'. It looks as though it is going to be a good 'un - I did a quick google and found this... interesting...

C4 Buys Hit US Series 'Lost'

Channel 4 and sister channel E4 have secured the rights to US drama series 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives' to be screened in a primetime slot this year. 'Lost' is an action thriller about a group of plane crash survivors who are stranded on a remote island where dark forces are at work around them. It was written by the creator of hit show 'Alias', and features 'Lord of the Rings' star, Dominic Monaghan. 'Desperate Housewives' is a dark comedy drama following the apparent domestic bliss of a group of upmarket suburban housewives. It is narrated through the eyes of deceased wife, who aims to uncover the group's secrets. It features 'Superman' star and Bond girl Teri Hatcher.

June Dromgoole, controller of acquisitions for Channel 4, said: "We are thrilled to have acquired these two shows, which represent the latest in our tradition of acquiring the best of American series, and that our relationship with Buena Vista continues with these two highly anticipated dramas."

Anyone else curious as to what 'Lost' is going to be like?
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Dominic Monaghan.... was he one of the hobbits??

Sounds interesting.
  3. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I know that it has been a big success in the USA, both with the critics and in terms of ratings. From what I have heard, it sounds good.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There was an article in one of the weekend newspaper supplements a week or so back - certainly seems worth exploring ;)

HANNAH Member

I saw the series when I was in America and it was pretty good. Don't want to give any secrets away though!
  6. ted

ted Member

Both shows are doing very well here in Australia.

7. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

"Lost" - what do you think?

Did anyone see the 2 opening episodes of "Lost" on Channel 4 tonight?

What do you think of it?
  8. PeterBale

As we've only got one TV at the moment, with the other one off being mended, I had to give it a miss last night, but hoping to catch the repeat broadcast at the weekend.
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I saw it, wasn't quite what I was expecting, not sure I liked the whole 'strange thing in the forest' lark! It was a bit scarier than I thought it'd be, but I think i'll watch it another couple of times before I pass further judgement!!
  10. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i watched it on and off last night and i must say i was amazed to see that although the plane more or less blew up into smithereens, most people were able to find their luggage easily and set about sun bathing in their holiday clothes :D .....because that would be the first thing you would think about after crashing onto a desert island....:rolleyes:
  11. twigglet

twigglet Member

I think I'm going to like it, can see it being quite weirdly addictive.

At least the strange things weren't dinosours, that's what Caz and I though for a while, thought it was going to be a bit of a knock off jurassic park!

Nice yummy 'Jack' man though, thumbs up to him. Plus, I liked the twists that are already being thrown in (the girl!? never would have thought it, don't want to give anything away so will say no more)

Shall keep watching
  12. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Hi all

Can't remember if there is another thread about Lost - if there is then apologies.

Right, after much waiting for episode 7 (I think) that was shown last week, Mrs Mosh forgot to set the Sky + to record this. Her excuse? She was busy at the time. Now I wouldn't have minded but the remote control was not on my knee so how could I do it?

Anyway, needless to say we did not see last Sunday's Lost. So, having watched Series 1, 2 and a bit of 3 in chrono order I am keen to see last week's before this week's show.

Does anyone know if Sky will repeat this and if so, when?

Also, what does everyone think to Lost? I think it is ace.
  13. PeterBale

I've moved thios into the earlier thread on "Lost". Can't help regarding a repeat on Sky, but I presume it will eventually appear on Channel 4 !
  14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

well it wont help with lastweeks (although not a lot seems to have happened), but its repeated n sky one on either tuesday or wednesday each week
  15. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Sat watching Simpsons with little Mosh and last week's lost is on at 7 tonight on Sky Two.

16. dyl

dyl Active Member

What about this one Peter? ;)

Yup - we're hooked too! And on 24 too - so Sunday evenings are very enjoyable at the moment!
  17. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I got a bit "lost" in season 2, so I stopped following that show. But recently I watched some episodes of "Prison Break"... and I'm starting to get that same feeling I had when watching the first series of 24 ("OK, one more episode tonight...and then another one..." and so on :eek:).
  18. TheMusicMan

I really enjoy 'Lost', but after watching each new episode I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of additional information given. OK, so there is suspense, but as new questions, weird issues and even more confusion is introduced each episode, I feel it would be far better if some of the previous issues were addressed at the same time.

All that seems to be happening now is that more and more confusion and weirdness is creeping into the show per episode, and for me this is starting to spoil the overall effect. Sure, I may be missing some things, but nothing ever gets answered or explained, and one feels even more confused at the end of each show.
  19. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

hmm i know what you mean John. But for me this is whats keeping me glued, just the thought that the next episode "may" give us that link we are missing.
    As i understand it the writers are doing this on a wing and a prayer from season to season.
    They know how it started, and how it ends, but not whats happening inbetween!!!!
  20. TheMusicMan

Hey Craig - I know what you mean, and I do feel the same to a point. It is just when there are new confusing elements introduced, but existing ones haven't been clarified that gets me. It just seems to me to be getting more and more muddy, and this causes an increasing lack of interest.

I may be a minority on this one, but I feel TV shows need to do things to keep their audience interested, for consistent viewing. I don't feel the producers of Lost are currently doing that. We haven't had any clarification of items we first saw in series one yet, and now they are introducing new story lines. I loved it at first, but I feel it's getting daft now and I might not bother to watch any more.