Anyone off to France ? ?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Suz, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Suz

Suz Member

Its the French Open next week and as it is the first time BTM have taken part I was wondering how many bands make the trip across the channel?

Suz :lol:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    French Open
    BTM
    France
    Suz
    bands
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm pretty sure my old youth band will be heading over again... Make sure you visit the cocktail bar by the river while you're over there, it's legendary and they have very nice glasses! :D

4. dickiesplitz

dickiesplitz New Member

Anyone off to France ? ?

Yes, we are going for the second time.

Really looking forward to it.

Dickie
    Flowers Band

5. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

yea Youth Brass 2000 are going.....defending our title as French Open Youth Champions.....its a good weekend, as I'm sure many YB & ex-YB players will tell you! Although we won't be there for the band greating session - by the looks of things we'll arrive at about 7am sat morning - and be up for the march by 11!

6. Frontman

Frontman Member

Wingates are there as well.

7. weenie

weenie Member

Sounds like there'll be a decent British contingent hopping over the channel then, just as England are about thrash France in Euro 2004.

VIV LE FLOWERS!!! :wink:

8. Delboy

Delboy New Member

Weenie,

Good luck to you and the band mate over the water!

Shame you didn;'t need a percussion dep mate. I know of one who would of come over will you Gloucester boys.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Delboy

9. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

We're going to France - but only St Tropez - shucks! Tant pis!

10. weenie

weenie Member

Cheers Del, thanks for your message. By the way, I've got Paul Lovett-Coopers number in case we needed an extra percussionist!!!!!!!!

11. Cornetto

Cornetto Member

Yeah france was great!

Need a cornet dep ween? Or how about I just come as a dep supporter? haha!! Forgive me I'm a student, I'll do anything for a free holiday!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    French Open
    BTM
    France
    Suz
    bands
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i think this could be the first year more than one decent english band has gone! who's playing the gala concert this year??

14. Frontman

Frontman Member

Wingates are doing the Gala Concert this year.

Johnny Webster is adjudicating the March Contest.

15. Suz

Suz Member

France

Sounds like it is going to be a great weekend, how are you all getting there?

We are leaving Bedwas at 6pm Thursday, a overnight ferry then bus to hotel. Our conductor is flying over, sounds a much more sensible idea!!

Good luck to you all and hope to see you in the bar after!!

Suz :lol:

16. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

Hello Suz

Great news that your lot are coming to France. We had a great time last time we went...have a look at out trombone players website www.philipharrison.co.uk there are a few piccies of the Amboise on there (mostly obscured by drunk people tho!)

We are leaving at 10pm on Thursday after practice, can't wait!!!

See you there mate

Michelle x

Flowers

17. Suz

Suz Member

France

Hi Michelle, good website thanks for that. I will look out for you in the bar after or the nice cocktail bar recommended by Lynchie

Are you bus/ferry too or are you posh and flying?

Suz x

18. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

Me posh, you know me better than that! Most of us are going by coach, a few of the elderly and boring are flying tho.

I'll show you around the town after, stayed in Tours last time so didn't get to the cocktail bar (hear it's open all hours tho) found some great bars and restaurants in Amboise. hehehe i'm so excited

See ya there

Michelle x

19. Suz

Suz Member

France

A tour sounds sounds great! Not sure where we are staying though, all I know is that it's a Novatel about 10 mins away???

I am sure BTM will be out in full force!!

Look forward to seeing you all there

Suz x

20. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

I heard Jacques himself was adjudicating the march this year.....???

21. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

sorry i take that back, Johnny Webster is adjudicating!

Has anyone else found out what time they are competing? We just found out we are supposed to be in the contest hall for 8.30am!!!! How ridiculous is that! We don't even leave the Midlands til 4-5pm on Friday afternoon, meaning we will arrive at about 5-6am french time Sat Morning! and as I'm sure Lynchie can tell you not many of us arrive in Amboise sober! :? might have to be a sober 12 hour coach journey!!!

22. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

Good Luck all for tommorrow! maybe see a few of you around!!!