Anyone notice ITV Wales' Lucy Cohen presenting National News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 10, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

For those who are used to seeing her presenting the ITV Wales news, this is obviously a great career move for Lucy eh! and we all wish her well. I met her one when she was a compére for a band I played with at our annual concert once and she really is a lovely helpful lady. She also came to my home when Heather was on the news after becoming the youngest person in the UK to get a Yellow Belt in Taekwon-do.

Thing is.... why oh why has she toned down her lyrical Welsh accent...?:mad: Has she been told to?

2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

She came to my school a few months ago to interview some of the children about our local canal........very nice she was too!

3. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Lucy Cohen is so HOT.

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Anyone who has done the GCSE English anthology recently will know of the poem that talks about a guy from Glasgow that wants to present the news in his regional dialect. It argues that only standard English is good enough for the TV or people don't take you seriously. This is probably the same thing. It's sad but the poet did have a point.

5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

The same can be said for a lot of politicians, notably the current cabinet. And Nicholas Parsons. And Andrew Strauss.

6. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

They don't seem too worried about Welsh accents on the BBC...thinking of Huw Edwards...John Humpreys...Sian Williams...personally I believe the English language diction of an educated Welshperson is second to none. Sir Richard Burton and Sir Anthony Hopkins never seem to have had any problems either in the film world

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  7. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

who cares about her accent or the pro's and cons of Richard burton
    Lucy Cohen is a hottie!!!!!! cute as a button and hotter than a lit BBQ..
    much better than Huw Edwards...

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

AND.... she's been in my house... :);)