Anyone need a cornet player in West Yorkshire?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by lottie4744, Jan 2, 2012.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I'm currently looking for a band to join in the West Yorkshire area. I'm currently based in Leeds and would have to rely on trains/buses.

Haven't played for around three years as I moved to Uni, but prior to this I played for Leyland, YBS, Timperley and Flixton.

I'm going to need a bit of practise but I'd really like to start playing again and would love to hear from any bands with vacancies.

I can play flugel as well; however don't have my own instrument.

If anyone has any vacancies just drop me a PM on here and i'll reply asap. Going back to my parents to pick up my cornet in the next couple of weeks so i'll be free from then!

2. John_D

John_D Member

We could certainly find you a seat, however getting to Doncaster may be a bit of a hurdle.
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I would like to recomend Wetherby Band, just north of Leeds and I they are a lovely bunch of folk and would be there myself if I didn't have to relocate. PM wonky_baton
  4. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Good Morning
    Just to say that the Yorkshire Band of The Royal British Legion, located in Barnsley has a vacancy for a cornet player. It may be something different for you but could be a way to get back into blowing. Please see our website at or call me on 07903 553496.
    In any case, we wish you well with your search and hope to possibly see you soon
    Cheers and Happy New Year

Bandmaster YBRBL
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Wakey Met band would be ideal for you. the train is regular from Leeds and wouldnt be too much of a pain travel wise and I know they are after cornet players

See their website for contact details
  6. Manxgirl

Manxgirl New Member

Hi Drighlington Band are also on the look out for cornet players. We rehearse on Monday & Thursday evenings under the expert direction of Jim Davies. You can check us out on our website
  7. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Hi Wetherby could use you on front row. We have just made some cracking signings and have a full band once once i update the site. Practice Tues and Friday second section and we have two players from leeds with cars who should be able to help you with transport. Friendly band on the up pop in and see what u think. My details are on our website

8. fastrack2000

fastrack2000 New Member

We are a 3rd section band looking for a cornet player.
    We are based in lofthouse right between Leeds and Wakefield.
    There is a direct bus route to our bandroom from leeds city centre.
    We are a friendly band and rehearse every Thursday 7-9pm and Saturdays 10am-12pm.
    If you are interested feel free to contact our MD Andrew Whitaker on either 01924896695 or 07879400538
    You will be more than welcome to test drive us
  9. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I used to play with these guys when I was at uni and they are a great bunch. At the time I didn't drive, and there is a very reliable bus service from Leeds which drops you pretty much at the bandroom door (if it is still going - I did leave uni a while ago!!)
  10. leisa

leisa Active Member

Lauren, where are you coming from and are you driving now? We need a cornet player and you love me! xx
  11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

She doesn't drive and is coming from Leeds! "I'm currently based in Leeds and would have to rely on trains/buses."
  12. leisa

leisa Active Member

Yeah, missed that bit in my excitement!
  13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member