Anyone know who is?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bigcol, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

Anyone got this in their inbox this morning? I've recieved it twice. Anyone know who this person is?

Try Before You Buy​
    10 to 30 Piece BRASS BAND MUSIC
    Special Combinations catered for on request​

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I haven't had an email from him, but I've met him once. He writes stuff for small ensemble and once he has your address (postal or email) he does tend to target you a bit for a short while, then stops. I haven't heard from him for about two years, although he did keep sending me his catalogue for a while.
  3. Bungle

Bungle Member

Quick Google listed him on IBEW site. Do a search for his surname on the page
  4. AudleyBrass

AudleyBrass Member

Yes, we've had the email but I don't know anything about him. It'd be interesting to hear some feedback on his arrangements.
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Personally, I'm not a fan, but I admit I haven't heard many of them. I guess they fill a hole in a concert in the park though....

Just my opinion, other opinions may differ!
  6. bigcol

bigcol Member

Well one of the reasons I was asking is that there were some pretty ambitious stuff on their, like Brahms 3rd Symphony.
  7. Brassy Lady

Brassy Lady Member

Well we used some of his really simple training band arrangements when we first started - the youngsters enjoyed playing them, but we didn't feel inclined to try any of his more advanced stuff.The one good thing I guess is that you can "Try before you buy", so no harm in having a look!!
  8. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

I got one of his emails, he must send them to any email addresses on your website i suppose. The thing I was warey of was he didnt have any other details, his address, company website etc, apart from the email address, which I when I thot he mite be abit sus.

We were thinking on the training band stuff too, but would like to know abit more about him and what hi music is like. But I suppose you cany complain about try before you buy!
  9. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

I wonder if he is "Tromtim"?
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

No, that's not the email address for this account.
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Or 5ABL..................maybe not!

12. postie

postie Member

Yes I got an e-mail from him last week forwarded to our MD to take a look at it. I suppose try before you buy isn't too bad really.