Anyone know of any central Sydney (Australia!) bands ...

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by MickeyEmz, May 26, 2005.

1. MickeyEmz

MickeyEmz New Member

... that might welcome me to play along at their rehearsals? I am likely to be in Sydney for the next 3 months and would like to meet some people who aren't backpackers through the medium of music!!!! It needs to be central ish Sydney as I'm relying on public transport. I am a stickless and instrumentless percussionist who hasn't played for over 4 months since being on the road! Can anybody help...??

2. horn1

horn1 Member

When I was travelling in Oz I helped out the Bondi Beach Brass Band!! They were very friendly and welcoming and I got to play at Bondi Beach! I haven't got any contact details but I got in touch with them through the NSW band organisation, I think I found the link on BBW. Hope that helped!
  3. MickeyEmz

MickeyEmz New Member

Thanks so much for your reply - that is wicked! I literally live down the road from Bondi (and not too far from Randwick). I have emailed Bondi Band and will see what they come back to me with. It was even better to receive a reply from someone local - I live in Marple and have played with VBS quite a few times. I know Dave Johnson pretty well. Plus my bro (Tom Emery) played with you at the areas this year I think!

Thanks again. Fingers crossed I get a reply soon!

Mike Emery
  4. horn1

horn1 Member

Excellent! How weird is that? Your brother did play at the areas with us and a couple of other contests and jobs, I'll say hi to dave for you!

I seem to remember that they rehearse at Randwick Racecourse which was a pain for me to get to but should be easy for you.