Anyone in Scotland needing a solo Euph?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by fireborn, Jan 4, 2008.

1. fireborn

fireborn Member

Hi! I'm looking for a solo Euph position in Scotland. I live in Dumbarton, so places like Aberdeen are just a bit on the far side to travel. :)
    I've just come back to playing after a 13 year break. Spent the last month working very hard to get all my facial muscles back. pretty satisfied now.
    My playing experience: Well, I studied at Salford for the degree in Band Musicianship. Nick Childs was my teacher. I got a distinction in my major elective in the degree which was performance and also conducting. (One of my recital pieces was John Golland's 1st Euphonium Concerto.) Whilst at Salford I was playing in Stockport Citadel SA Band. So, I never signed for anyone. BUT I did help out CWS Glasgow (as they were then called) on solo Euph a couple of times, also Brittania on 2nd euph, helped out Marple at Isle of Mann contests, and various other lower bands helping out friends who were conductors.
    I am from Clydebank originally and only moved back to Scotland about 3 months ago.
    I am loving playing again - probably even more than before!!

Anyway, if anyone needs me or wants more details, please PM me. Thanks :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euph
    places
    position
    anyone
    side
  3. AlanD

AlanD Member

Hi there, you are more than welcome to come along to Tullis Russell Mills Band,we are based in Glenrothes, Fife.

you can contact the band at trmb@hotmail.co.uk

or visit their website at www.trmb.co.uk

Alan

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  4. fireborn

fireborn Member

Thanks AlanD, I appreciate the welcome

5. Blagger

Blagger Member

Hi mate
    what years were you at Salford?
    Your not Kenny are you?

6. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

Yup - its Kenny - I messaged him yesterday, seems like we are having a Salford Euph reunion on here - is anyone in touch with Welshy??!!

7. fireborn

fireborn Member

Yep, she's right. It's Kenny here. How you doin'? I'm struggling to see who you are from your photo though, sorry! It's been a long, long time since Salford.

8. fireborn

fireborn Member

To all who contacted me inviting me along to your respective bands - Thank You very much. I didn't quite expect to receive as many pm's as I did. Thank you all for your warm invitations. I have now joined Whitburn Band.