Anyone Have A Good Used Bass Trombone For Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mattandali1, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Mattandali1

Mattandali1 New Member

I am looking for a decent, large, Bass Trombone. I am really looking for a Holton or Bach or something similar.
    I have a £1000 budget. Anyone have any ideas or leads?

2. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

This is definitely Moomin Daves department!
  3. Gtrom

Gtrom Member

That's a pretty healthy budget for a 2nd Hand Bass Trombone.

Holton are pretty good but personally I would avoid the Bachs, I just don't like the way they sound, (probably just me).

I guess it all depends on the setting you're playing in. I picked up a lovely King DG for less, it produces a gorgeous noise but some would say it cuts through a brass band a little too much.

I'm sure you could pick up a decent Yamaha, I let my beloved 613 go for less money than you have to spend.

Do your research before you part with your cash and I'm sure you'll pick something up that will give you years of pleasure.

Good luck.
  4. agent006

agent006 Member

There's a 612RII doing the rounds on ebay at the moment. It's up for £1200 but it's been relisted 3 or 4 times now.
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Sorry, the only one I'm willing to let go at the moment is my Rath R9! For which I'd be looking for £2,500...
  6. Mattandali1

Mattandali1 New Member

Found a good used Tr181. Just over budget but hey!
    On its way as we speak.
  7. Mujician

Mujician Member

Have you got any pictures Dave? I'm interested in that.
  8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I'll get you some! Tomorrow morning probably. Can you email me on so that I can email you them back?

It's independent Hagmann valves, all yellow brass, .562" bore slide, 9.5" bell. Pretty standard setup, and can include several leadpipes. Works nicely for brass band.

p.s. I'll be at Leicester on Sunday with Kidlington Concert Brass in the championship section and could bring it for you to parp on if you like?