Anyone got a DW2L old style Tuba MP for sale ?

Discussion in 'Classified Advertisements' started by iancwilx, Jul 17, 2012.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I'm looking for a 2nd hand DW 2L Classic (Old style) tuba mouthpiece. I don't mind if it is not mint or whether it's silver or gold.

~ Mr Wilx

2. TwinnyRB

TwinnyRB New Member

You getting bored Mr W! Hope you've warned the neighbours, they should up their insurance for force damage. Good luck in your search, I look forward to hearing you again......it's probably possible in Methley if you blow hard enough! :D

3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Actually you're not far off the mark Richard. This lousy weather has turned my eye towards my much neglected tuba languishing in the corner of the garage. I dragged the beast out, had a blow, and was appalled at how bad I was. So, I have determined to get my lip back and have spent half an hour a day for the past week pounding away at tongue and finger exercises and long notes. I'm still dreadful, but not quite awful !
    I'm not looking to start banding again, I'm too lazy.
    Mind you, if someone started an old giffers band that practiced during the day and only did about six gigs a year I might have a go !!
    Regarding the neighbours, the poor souls have suffered for a week without complaint ~ They must be deaf !

~ Mr Wilx

4. Hi I have a 1L spare . Free to a good home.

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Thanks for the offer RTP, but I'm set on a 2L.

Come on folks someone must have an old style DW2L rolling around in a drawer somewhere.
    Turn your gash gob iron into goodies ~ My readies are waiting to slip into your pocket !

~ Mr Wilx

6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

PS: Richard, I did have a treasured DW2L, but I loaned it to Leigh Annersleigh and never saw it again !!
    (Mind you, I must admit that it originally belonged to Kip !)

~ Mr Wilx

7. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I'll check my mouthpiece drawer. I definitely have a few 3L's but don't know if there might be a 2L lurking in there

8. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Cheers John, much obliged.

~ Mr Wilx

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

There are actually two DW 2L's in my drawer. Both very grimy but I think one is gold the other silver. It's amazing what you find in a clear out. There were DW's of all numbers up to a 5 and both old and new styles, a perantucci, a bright green Kelly and a Bach 24aw. I'm currently playing an old DW 3L.

Anyway, pm me wilx and we'll arrange delivery of one of these 2L's.

10. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Hi John, I've just got back from holiday and read your post.
    Great stuff and I'm very grateful, I'll pm you with details and we'll arrange payment etc.

Cheers,

~ Mr Wilx

11. Matthew

Matthew Member

I've also got an old one or two if you want it, just shout. :D

12. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Thanks for that Mathew. I'll get back to you after I've heard from John.

Cheers,

~ Mr Wilx

13. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Thanks for your kind offer Matthew, but I've sorted something out with John.

Cheers,

~ Mr Wilx

14. Mossca

Mossca Member

Ill be sending you the bill for that then Ian! LOL

15. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

You know how tight I am Colin, rather than pay up I'd kidnap one of Leighs multitudinous family and hold them to ransom until the mouthpiece was returned !!
    Hope all is well with you and everyone at Kip. I gather you all had a great time in Durham, it's a great experience isn't it ? (Apart from the early start!)

16. Mossca

Mossca Member

Yes it was a good day. To be honest I was suprised as I didn't think it was as long as some of the Yorkshire miners demos that we have done in the past. Although we didnt go through the centre of Durham more from the south as we were representing Bowburn who always use that route.

17. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I remember Barnsley Miners Dem being a killer with the very last stint up a steep hill. Roy Marsden was turning the air as blue as his face as we tramped the last 100 yards.
    Donny and Wakey were a doddle by comparison. The one killer march, not a dem, that sticks in my mind was at Wrenthorpe. Me Yeatman and Spenner (Playing Solo Trom) in the front row (3 abreast) on a hot sunny day. It seemed to go on for miles until we arrived at a pub and got a pint in. Fifteen mins later to our complete surprise and consternation, the organiser shouted " Right guys let's get back on the road, we're only half way you know".
    We must have played "National Emblem" a dozen times ~ Happy days though Col.