anyone good at desicions?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by six pints, Mar 6, 2005.

1. six pints

six pints Active Member

[​IMG]

do i wanna spend another 6 1/2 years at uni? i need to know so i can pick modules, but i cant decide. someone decide my life for me!!
    [​IMG]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    someone
    desicions
    uni
    modules
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

6 an a 1/2 years!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! Thats well long what ya doing?

4. six pints

six pints Active Member

im on 2nd yeah of 4 year MSci course in maths and physics (2 1/2 yrs to go), also want to do PhD (particle physics, looking in particular at superstrings and gravity) and my PGCE (3 for phd and 1 for PGCE) so thats 6 1/2 in total.

Howay then, what should i do?!

5. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Dearest Six pints,

You know that BMB said that you and I are ideal partners and I don't think a lady as lovely as you should be bothering your pretty little head over things like Superdrug and gravity, unless you're talking about the strength of beer or something, especially for 6 1/2 years.

You know you sugar daddy is right ......... or there again if you do want a career in superdrug or catching falling apples to make White Lightning, then maybe should stay on. After all its better than working for a living, I know cos my son's doing the same thing on his Psycology degree.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. best wishes your ever loving BBE

PS you spelled 'decisions' wrong on the thread title bar

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Do the PhD! EvilDaddyBadger is by way of being a species of physicist (more into structural genomics these days though) and he always complains there aren't enough gorgeous young lady physicists. Even once you've discounted the geeks and nerds the male:female ratio is vastly in your favour.
    Alternatively you could just do as your Sugar Daddy tells you.... :)
    BMB
    xx

P.S. Doctor SixPints....

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I just can't decide if I need to be more decisive or not... do I need to be... errrm.. not sure...!!!

8. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Bit like evil daddy badger then? Avuncular maybe, but lecherous I dont think so!

9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Don't blame me, I just get the definitions from Merriam-Webster Online. I was as shocked as you, believe me.[​IMG] I mean, how did they know?
    BMB
    xx

I'll change it right now to save tarnishing you reputation further.

10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Unless you really want to go into teaching - and your knowledge of string theory would be useless to you in secondary schools - forget the PGCE. Unless, oif course, you want to teach abroad. Go somewhere hot and teach. Get paid exhorbitant amounts of money tax free and be valued by your employer because they pay you what you are worth!
    Do advanced research and be a clever lady. Don't waste your time on the youth of today.

11. ray_ed

ray_ed Member

hmmm I'm not sure.... what do you think ?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    someone
    desicions
    uni
    modules
  13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Six Pints...do it!!!

Uni is the best years of your life (you're only repsponsible for yourself!!)

In fact...I'm gonna try to go back to uni next year to finish up my PhD in Science Education (physics)

So don't let anybody talk you out of it!! Physicists are quite cool 8)

14. six pints

six pints Active Member

thanks for advice guys! better then my conductors advice- to become a "lady of the night"!!! altho if my dearest BBE was a true "sugar daddy" hed give me a credit card and tell me to go and buy lots of pretty shoes ;)!!

Dr sixpints does have a good ring to it.... maybe i should officially change my name!!

15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Thanks alot! If no one ''wastes'' their time on us then we'll always be thick and when we get to the age of jobs etc there will be thick people ruling the world. I have to stop aruing.
    *stops arguing*
    But sixpints dunt it cost a lot to go to uni? Or stay at uni or whatever your doing.

16. six pints

six pints Active Member

often "clever people" arent necessarily the best teachers. the best teacher i ever had in physics admitted to us he only got a D in his a level (cue everyone jumping in and say but in the old days a levels were hard). not to say clever people are always kak teachers. another physics teacher i had who was also brilliant used to work at nasa. the reason ive been considering going into teaching after learning everything i can is because ive been teaching swimming and lifesaving for a number of years, and all the kids and the parents think i would be an amazing teacher full time (not being big headed, but i am good with kids, years of my mam being a childminder seems to have rubbed off). a lot of people who've never seen me teach also have this opinion, because apparently im good at explaining things but dont take any crap! anyway that got a bit long, didnt mean it too!

and yes it costs a lot to go to uni, especially coming from a backround where my dad was unemployed for most of my life (started working again a few months ago) so my parents have never been able to give me or lend me any money. which is a big factor against doing a phd. sometimes i just thinks after i graduate i should just do a pgce and go straight into teaching, but i want to learn more stuff.

damn it, now im even more indecisive. someone help me!!!

17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Further evidence...I'm quite clever...and a crap teacher :p

18. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

If you want to do further qualifications I would recommend doing them now. Obviously you can do them later on, but you are more likely to start a job (earning money etc) and then not bother! On the subject of doing a PhD and then going into teaching - yes, you probably won't use it but then again you probably won't use that much of your degree even if teaching at A level (content wise). I teach A level Biology and Human Biology - my undergraduate degree is in Cell Biology and Human Anatomy- obviously it is relevant but it;s usefulness is more in giving me a broader understanding of the syllabus than in the content of the syllabus. Where it is useful is when some smart-alec decides to ask really probing questions :wink: I feel comfortable teaching the plant science stuff (which I haven't really covered myself post A level). The major advantage of having a PhD (if you want to go in to teaching) is that you are keeping your options open if you decide to move out of teaching at any point. Secondly it will make you a good candidate for the new fast-track teaching courses.

19. Two words ....

'Uni rocks'

As soon as you get a proper job you lose the right to act immature ...

20. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Wish I could give you a few words of wisdom, but I can't!! Except do it while you can. You may never get the chance to go back & finish.

& if you really struggle to make a decision, as a last resort, consult a magic 8 ball!!!! That's what I do. I'm absolutely rubbish at making decisions!

21. I think that answers your question...

22. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Cheryl hinny, get a life!!!

Seriously though, as I battle through my 4th year at uni, I can't wait for it to end!! Always leave yourself a get out clause with regards to module choice! best of luck with your swimming this weekend, how ironic that you'll be in Sheffield when I'm in Durham! Bizarre!!