Anyone going to the All Star Cup today...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Aug 28, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Right, we're off to this fun golf event. Though I can see several of the course holes from our house, we are going to the event. Anyone else going/watching on Sky? Apparantly it's on from 12:00.

Look out for us eh... I shall be donning my tMP Cap ;)

If I get some good pics I shall post them up later.
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I did keep an eye out for the tMP 'cap' but the majority of the crowd were wearing caps so it was very difficult to spot it and to be perfectly honest I became so engrossed in the cricket I forgot all about the golf. I was very tempted to phone your mobile and wait for the officials to come and tell you off. :biggrin: That would have been the simplest way to find out where you were standing!

3. TheMusicMan

What a fantastic day that was... awesome... weather beautiful, course fantastic, and the competitors were brilliant.

First of several pics already posted here on the tMP Gallery... this one is Heather shaking hands with the one and only Rob Lowe...

Gallery link =
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I watched a bit on tv, but it inconveniently was on at the same time as the cricket and you all know about my love for cricket!

(Who won?)
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

But of course! :D
  7. Watched it on telly, cracking viewing.
  8. TheMusicMan

Brilliant eh! even saw my house on TV at one point... :)

I don't think you could have predicted that it would come down to the last pair on the last hole of the last day that would determine the winners. Superb tv watching, and made me very proud to be living in Newport - in the home of the 2010 Ryder Cup.

Was also nice for Heather (my daughter) to meet and shake hands with Rob Lowe, Damian Lewis, Haley Osment, James Nesbitt, Chris Evans, Catherine Zeta Jones... :)