Anyone else get stuck on the M5??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by weenie, Jul 22, 2007.

1. weenie

weenie Member

What an adventure Friday night was!

Left Manchester at around 4pm Friday afternoon and got home to Gloucester at 7.10 Saturday morning...........stuck on the M5 for 12 hours, luckily for me I was a 2 minute walk from Strensham Services, so could use the facilities there......others were not so fortunate. Anyone else use the M5 as a bed for the night??

2. Mr_Chairman

Mr_Chairman Member

Yes I was !!

Had a week down in Plymouth culminating in my daughter's graduation ceremony on Friday morning. Left Plymouth at around 3.30 and was still on the M5 just before the Tewkesbury exit at Midnight - managed to get off the motorway but cars littered all over the place. Parked up for a couple of hours but then risked it cross country through a few major flooded areas and evenually made it home (Daventry) around 5.00am.

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I heard this on the radio as I was on the way to Bristol yesterday with Jen. M5 and the M50 were flooded in parts. Hope everyone managed to get home safely.

Anyone get any pics of the floods...?

4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Spent a good couple of hours on it yesterday. I thought I'd be clever and got off at the A44 with the intention of cutting through Pershore and Evesham - not a good idea as I wasted almost an hour in the traffic just to turn back onto the M5 again! Doesn't help the 10-20mph traffic when you get all the Jack-the-lads in their BMW's weaving in and out to try and get in the quickest lane - it doesn't work as I was parallel with a horse-box most of the way.

Half an hour late for the rehearsal, not bad considering!

5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

We got stuck on the M42, we bailed out tho and turned around, probably for the best tho cos we certainly weren't going to make it to cornwall. Although we didnt get back to leeds till 3.30 am i think it was better than staying stuck on the motorway!

Now when are they going to invent a sat nav that you can program to avoid flooded roads?!

6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

We were lucky - we were camping in Cheltenham last weekend, so while it did rain, it (comparitively) wasn't too bad!