Anyone been to Silverstone F1 GP?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by hicks, Mar 25, 2008.

1. hicks

hicks Member

I've got a chance of getting in to this year's British GP at Silverstone with a reduced price ticket. Has anyone been to this event recently? Looking at the ticket website it seems that they charge £21 for parking, on top of the ticket price. Is this correct?
    Generally would you say it's worth a visit? I've been to Silverstone before and it didn't seem brilliant in terms of track visibility.
  2. SammyT

SammyT Member

Hi, It has been quite a few years since I have been and then I was track side :D as I was part of the first aid team so cannot comment on parking.

However, if you want to watch the GP then you wont see much unless you are in front of one of the big screens. May seem like stating the obvious but you dont see much of the cars as they go past so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However (again), the atmosphere is great, there is such a buzz and if you can get anywhere near the start line then noise is amazing when they are all reving their engines before the off.

Cost wise - I was lucky I didnt have to pay but it is worth a trip once I think. When I went there were lots of stalls and other activities as well but I recommend you go VERY early as traffic is a nightmare, maybe better now the bypass has been built (it wasnt when I was last there :S)

3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Never actually been to Silverstone, but I have been to a number of European races. Hockenheim, Germany being my favourite. Great Beer garden and close to the motorway, no issues with traffic. Thinking of going again this year, baking hot.

Hope you enjoy Silverstone, you will love it. The sound of these cars are just amazing!!