Anyone at the Open Solos ?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by nicksdad, Nov 12, 2006.

1. nicksdad

nicksdad New Member

Huge entry in the intermediate section but Well Chuffed!

Nick made the final !!!!!

2. PPP

PPP Member

I was there and Nick played great - very mature sound and style - Well Done!:clap:

3. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

I was there playing for the first time in the Senior Section. Well done to the finalists esspecially Katrina for winning the title. I came 24th which considering it was my first attempt and I didn't know what to expect as everyone else played Air Varies and I played a slow melody but still didn't come last which was my main aim. Will know now for next year

Congrats also to Stephen Sykes Jnr for winning the Intermediate Slow Melody

4. smaca

smaca Active Member

Well done for taking part. For me playing at contests like this is the hardest thing to do in terms of public performance. Takes a lot of courage to do this, and I applaud all competitors.

PS

Well done to Katrina. Fantastic player, and really nice person.

5. Stix

Stix Member

i was there, supporting my bands baritone player, Andy Lawton.
    Such a modest player, but did so incredibly well, gettin to the senior finals on baritone. Congrats to the winner, im sure weel deserved,a although wasnt around for the evening bit. Well done Andy, all dead proud of ya :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Thanks, it was a great experience and one I would like to do again next year only if I can find a suitable piece to play now I know what to expect

7. bandtaximum

bandtaximum New Member

I was there with my daughter (only baritone in the intermediate). Very good turnout and some lovely playing.

8. critic

critic Member

HAVING heard all the contestants in the intermediate section i agree there was some nice playing. Iasume your daughter was Sarah.She played very well and was unlucky not to qualify she plays with conviction and style