Anybody going to Weston?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by meandmycornet, Apr 17, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Was just wondering if anybody on here is going to Weston-Super-Mare Contest next month (15th May)?

2. vcbjet

vcbjet Member

Verwood Concert Brass are! I cant wait always have a good time at Weston no matter the result!!! I think Sandleheath band are also going.
  3. We're Going!

I'll be going with first Weston concert!

But the day after Ebbw Vale!! Few sore heads I think!
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Its my first weston too!
  5. Lisa

Lisa Member

Gillingham Band are going. Will be my second Weston! It should be a fine day out! :biggrin:
  6. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

We're going (Brackley).

Was a bit shocked to see our draw is 4.15 - we had better get an early draw or else the takings at the bar will be rather low !
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

4.15 draw? That's inhuman!! Reminds me of the Nationals at Torquay a couple of years ago when the last band went on stage at about 12.30am... Luckily, we played in the section before, so were well and truly oiled up by then....

8. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

aaahh i remember it well, we played on the sunday (morning/afternoon not evening/next morning). what a day can't remeber anything after the results !
  9. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

We are Portishead Town band!
    My first weston contest but not the bands!
  10. vcbjet

vcbjet Member

For those who havent been before. Weston is a great contest, its is excellently organised and there is always a good atmosphere amongst the competing bands. This will be my third (and the bands) visit. We usually stay overnight and each time we've really enjoyed it. We came 2nd last year in the 4th section and it sparked a good run of results.

See you all there!
  11. jamierob1980

jamierob1980 New Member

I've heard that Treherbert Band will be attending the Champ section - they've not been for a few years!!