Any tin whistle players?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anno Draconis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Not sure if this should be in the deps area or not!

This autumn (most likely Sept 7) we - Coppull and Standish band - will be recording a short christmas CD with KMJ recordings, so Keith can test out all his new toys.

One of our proposed items is Will the Sec's top notch arrangement of "Fairytale of New York". In case you don't know it (and if not, buy it now!) there is a tin whistle part; it's covered elsewhere in the band, but since this seems likely to be one of the first recordings of the arrangement I'd like to get it as accurate as possible. This means I need to find a tin whistle player, free on 7 September plus at least one rehearsal beforehand. Anyone out there? :D

We can't pay, but I might be able to reach the bottom of my notoriously deep pockets to stump up for the 3 Ps - Petrol, Pie and a Pint :D

Cheers!

Post here or PM me if you can help....

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    one
    CD
    arrangement
    tin whistle part
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Do I get danger money? :eek:

4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

You might get to share the pie, will that do? :biggrin:

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I might have to see if I've got something special in the mic box for it - like a sledgehammer.

Good job you warned me - I don't like surprises ;)

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

am sure one of the lads at Menai Bridge is a really good tin whistle player ( and violin , accordian etc)..I think he depped with beaumaris at porthcawl this year...dont know if patrick comes on here , but if ye have a chat with stopher n here( md of menai bridge) am sure he will point you in the right direction..