Any teachers?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Jul 6, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I'm putting together my CV, and a covering letter to send to some local primary schools with the hope of finding a job as a classroom assistant :D but i've heard some many different titles for the role classroom assistant, I haven't a clue what to call it! Any ideas??

Fi
    xx

2. flower girl

flower girl Member

its called a variety of things. but normally either a learning support assistant better known as LSA or educating non teaching assistant. i'd go for learning support assistant as that is the name more commonly given to it. Good luck by the way cos its a really tough but rewarding job!!

3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

oh righty-ho *goes to change CV* thank you :D

4. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Good luck. LSA's are vital to schools.

5. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Not sure if you were going to post your CV your local primary schools, I would suggest that if possible, you should take them in person as schools like to put a face to a name. That is how I did it when I started supply teaching a few years ago and it worked then, luckily, I don't have to do that any more! Good luck!!

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Classroom assistants/learning support assistants etc are always refered to as Teaching assistants (TAs) on my course, it may be a local thing though.
    Good LUck!